19. Excitement.

I excitedly run up to the coat rack but finding I don't need it since I'm wearing a hoodie over my shirt. 'Do you have everything?' Clay asks as he stands ready at the door with car keys in his hands. I pat my pockets to only finding house keys. 'My phone.' I say as I rush back upstairs.

Clay smiles as I come running back down, phone in hand. I'm breathing heavy from the running around I did. 'Do I need to put you on a leash before we go out? I have the feeling you'll run off in excitement.' He says. I chuckle and slap his arm. He opens the door and I hop down the steps before making my way to the car and pulling the door handle impatiently as Clay locks the door and walks over. 'It really does feel like I have a pet dog.' He says. He unlocks the door and I get in.

I giggle in excitement and happiness as he starts the car. He laughs at me 'can you calm down?' He asks. 'I'm seeing my family again Clay.' I say as I grab his arm and shake him a little. 'I know, calm down.' He says with a chuckle. I let him go and hold my hands between my legs so I keep them still.

I watch the cars in front of us as we turn onto the highway. 'How long has it been since you've seen them. 'Two Christmases ago.' I say. It's February now, so less then two years. 'That's a long time.' He says. I smile as look down. 'It has been long.' I say. 'But they're nearly here.' He says to get me happy again. 'They are!' I say with a smile. When I turn to look at my left, I notice at Clay was looking at me 'what?' I ask with a chuckle 'it's good to see you this happy and exited.' I smile at him.

'So it will just be your mom and your sister?' Clay asks as he locks the door and we make our way to the inside of the airport. 'Yes.' I answer as I look around. 'What about the rest of the family?' He asks. 'Huh?' I ask as I look up at the tall blonde man next to me. 'Like your father and half brothers.' He says. 'I....' I look away. 'I haven't seen my half brothers since i was little, and I don't talk to my father anymore.' I say. 'Oh, I'm sorry.' He says. I force the happiness back and smile at him before bumping in to him 'it's fine. My mom and sister are coming.' I say. He chuckles.

We walk to the arrival we need to be at and sit down. 'You're going to be so much taller then both of them.' I say. 'Yeah?' He asks. I nod 'my sister is shorter then me and my mom is even shorter then her.' I say. 'Oh.' He says with a laugh. 'You're already so small.' He says. I glare up at him as he laughs at my reaction. 'That you're a giraffe is not my fault.' I say. 'Hey!' He says before we both laugh. I sigh and look at where they're supposed to come from. 'I missed them, Clay.' I say. 'I know, but you're about to see them.' He says. I smile and look down 'I sometimes feel bad for leaving.' I say. 'Didn't your sister move away to France?' He asks. 'Yeah but that's a four hour drive from where my mom lives, I live nine hours away by plane.' I say. 'Are you happy here?' He asks. I look up to meet his green eyes before smiling softly and looking away. 'Yeah.' I say. 'Then don't feel bad about it.' He says. I smile and lean my head onto his shoulder. I sigh and close my eyes, not really having slept because of my excitement. It's seven am, so early as well. Clay doesn't move away, so I take it as him being okay with it. 'How long?' I ask. 'Still 40 minutes.' He says. 'I'm just going to close my eyes for a bit.' I say. 'Alright.'