Chapter 27

Majority of the party guests have gradually left, leaving only a handful of close friends and the staffs. Mrs Son and Mrs Kim stood at a corner thanking the planner for a job wonderfully done before setting the meeting date for the wedding planning.

Kai and Naeun sat at a table with their group of friends when Naeun excused herself to talk to the singer. An eager smile plastered on her face.

"Hi, I enjoyed your band and your voice." Naeun said to the singer who was helping her bandmates to clear up their instruments.

"Thank you so much. Congratulations again on your engagement. It was an honour to entertain here tonight." The singer replied with her friendly wide smile.

"I have a business planned with a friend and we are actually looking for a band. Do you have like a business card or a manager that I could speak to?"
Naeun asked, her eyes focused on the singer's pretty face.

"I am the manager. Just a second" the singer turned, reached for her handbag and fished out a name card. Passing the card to Naeun politely.

"Eunji's band. I assume that's your name?"

"Jung Eunji. Just call us for audition. For now we have limited gigs anyway." Eunji ends her sentence with a chuckle and  extended her hand for a handshake, that Naeun readily accepted.

Naeun thanked Eunji and her bandmates before walking back to Kai's side.

"What was that about?" Kai asked as soon as Naeun sat back next to him. Resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Just something. Here Chanyeol oppa. You keep this." Naeun passed the card from Eunji to Chanyeol with a cryptic smile which Chanyeol answered with a smile of his own before accepting the card.

Baekhyun and Suho exchanged a look before turning to focus on Chanyeol. Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak but closed it back again.

"You had an eventful night. We should leave first so you both can rest." Suho said standing up, followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Naeun and Kai stood up and receive the hugs and congratulations from their friends before walking to the entrance gates with them.

"Where is Sehun?" Chanyeol asked when he noticed Sehun was not with them. Their eyes roamed around the garden for a sight of Sehun, giving up, Baekhyun took out his cellphone and was about to make a call when Suho stopped him.

"It seems he had left. He texted me a while ago and I just saw it. Sorry." Suho uttered with toothy smile.

"So I will have to ride home with you guys?" Chanyeol asked since he came to the party in Sehun's car.

Naeun smiled watching Chanyeol and Baekhyun argue about who was going to sit shotgun when she felt a piercing pain on her lower abdomen. Her hands instinctively went to her belly as she bend over due to the sudden pain.

"Nangni, what's wrong?" Kai asked his hand holding Naeun's arms.

Naeun could not answered him as the pain became more unbearable. She slowly flopped down on the grass, her hand on her stomach. A whimper escapes her lips.

Worried Kai took her in his arms and lifted her off the ground. Suho understanding the gravity of the situation ran to get his car and parked right in front of Son's family home.

"B-blood" Baekhyun stuttered seeing the front of Naeun's skirt wet with red.

At the Hospital

Kai sat at the chair provided outside of the emergency room with Suho next to him. His hands rubbing his face and hair worriedly.

Suho who was quiet since they arrived at the hospital's emergency room stood up to greet Mrs Kim and Mrs Son.

Mrs Kim went to sit next to Kai and hugged him, while Mrs Son stood watching. Her hands holding Mr Son hands tightly.

"Junmyeon, thank you for driving Naeun here. You should go first. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are still at the house." Mr Son said breaking the silence.

Suho bowed and excused himself before giving Kai one last look. Kai was oblivious to his surroundings, his face on his hands. Mrs Kim have her arms around her son's back trying to calm him down.

A few moments later, a doctor came out of the emergency room and called for Son Naeun's family.
Kai rushed up to the doctor with his and Naeun's parents.

"How is she doctor?" Kai asked impatiently.

"The bleeding had stop. Both mother and baby are fine. But we need to keep her here for couple of days for observations." The doctor explained.

Sighs of relief can be heard from everyone at the waiting area except for Kai. Kai still look dazed and worried.

"A nurse will give a you a form to sign. And please give the nurse your wife's ob-gyn name and number. We would need her medical history."

"When can I meet her?" Kai asked.

"We will transfer her to the regular ward. You can meet her then. The nurse will give you more information later." The doctor answered before turning back to the emergency room.

Writer's note: Happiest Birthday to our Leader-nim Suho aka Kim JunMyeon🎊🎊 the bestest man and super proud to have you as EXO's leader ❤️❤️