Chapter 16

A week have passed since the meeting with their parents and Naeun haven't seen Kai after she spent the night at his place. Mrs Son have called Naeun over to her parents house to discuss her impending engagement party.

Naeun is sitting in her mother's living room and watch her mother who is happily laying out the plans she and Mrs Kim had made.

"So the engagement party will take place in two weeks time and the wedding will be held two months after." Mrs Son explained to Naeun.

"Mom, I will follow whatever your plans are." Naeun cannot bring any enthusiasm into her voice but it didn't deterred her mother.

"We have to hold the wedding before you start showing. We have hired a wedding planner and he will be planning the engagement party as well. You and Kai need only to choose your engagement rings and wedding bands as well as your wedding gowns." Mrs Son proceeded to give Naeun a handful of bridal magazines for ideas.

"Thank you mom. I will discuss with Jongin regarding the rings and make ourselves available when you need us. Okay?" Naeun spoke while flipping the magazine pages without any real interest.

Mrs Son stare at her eldest daughter with mixed feelings. Holding Naeun's hand, Mrs Son spoke softly.
"I may not be the best mother but I want the best for you Naeun. Sometimes in life we make decisions that we may think is not the best. But over time you will see it turned out to be one of the best you have made. Do you understand me?"

Naeun stare at her hand in her mother's wrinkled one with tears. Her mother love her even though she didn't show it often. Naeun face her mother and hug her tightly.
"I'm sorry mom." Naeun didn't know what she is apologising for but she felt like she need to.

Mrs Son didn't speak, returning the embrace and rubbing Naeun's back for comfort. When they broke the hug both women smile at each other. Mrs Son spoke more about the wedding plans and Naeun joined in, showing interest not wanting to disappoint her mother more.

Naeun stayed and had lunch with her mother thinking that this is the most memorable afternoon she spent with her mother. Mrs Son asked about her days and gave her advices making her felt loved.

She left her parents house feeling lighter and happier and drove to the photo studio she agreed to meet Baekhyun for photoshoots. Walking into the photo studio with a bright smile when she noticed Baekhyun waiting for her at the entrance.

"Naeun, thank you for agreeing to be the model for this collection. The last collection you modelled for was a success." Baekhyun said excitedly.
"Really? When was it released? You didn't even tell me."
"It was released yesterday. Today's collection will be released next month. I will tell you the exact date later." Baekhyun led her to the changing room and left her to the care of the stylists.

"Miss Naeun is beautiful and could have a great modelling career

"Miss Naeun is beautiful and could have a great modelling career. Should I introduce her to a modelling agency?" The photographer asked Baekhyun, browsing the photos he have taken while Naeun went to change clothes again.

Baekhyun chuckles and tap the photographer's back lightly.
"She is a successful businesswoman too. Naeun did a few modelling gigs during college but you can ask her if she wants to."

"Want to what Oppa?" Naeun asked standing behind the two men and stare at the laptop screen.

"Our photographer wanted to introduce you to a modelling agency if you're interested."

Naeun smile at the photographer and told him that she is doing modelling only as a hobby. The photographer nodded and they resume with the shooting.

Everyone in the studio clapped when the shooting finally came to an end. Baekhyun invited them for dinner and a night of drinking as appreciation for the teams hard work earning a loud cheering from everyone.

Naeun smile and whispered to Baekhyun that she unfortunately can't join them before bowing and thanking everyone.

"But Naeun, we will be drinking at Marcella's. How can we celebrate without you? Beside you are the boss of Marcella's. Oppa was hoping to get a discount." Baekhyun joked.

The stylists, photographer and the rest of the team turned to stare at Naeun clearly shocked that Marcella's was actually owned by her. Naeun laugh at Baekhyun antics before speaking softly.

"You will still get a discount Oppa, Marcella's manager and staff members knows you. But I'm really sorry I couldn't join you all." Naeun turned to the team and thanked them again before excusing herself out with Baekhyun following behind her.

Naeun bid Baekhyun goodbye and glanced at her wristwatch, deciding to make a detour before going home. She parked her car and walk towards Kai's office building.

The security teams at the lobby was about to reject her going upstairs without appointment when Mr Kim, the chairman walks out of the elevator and saw her.

"Naeun, what are you doing here? Meeting Jongin?" Mr Kim smile and hold Naeun's bowed head affectionately.

"Yes Papa Kim but I didn't have an appointment." Naeun explained returning Mr Kim warm smile. Mr Kim turned his attention to the head of security understanding the situation.

"It's fine. Gentlemen please remember Miss Son here is my future daughter in law. She can come and go as she pleases."

Naeun wanted to argue but Mr Kim wouldn't take a no from her and urge her to go on upstairs. Naeun bowed again to the older man and head towards the elevator, waving towards Mr Kim before the elevator door closes and took her to Kai's office.

Walking into the front desk Naeun was greeted by a pretty young woman with ready smiles.
"Hi I'm Choi Aera. How can I help you miss?"
"I'm here to see Mr Kai."
"He is in a meeting miss. Would you like to wait? Or maybe leave your name and contact number for appointment next time." Choi Aera glanced at the clock on her desk.

The office hours will end in few more minutes and before Naeun could speak the office door opens up and few workers are walking out. Park Chorong was one of the worker that Naeun recognised.

"Miss Naeun, how may I help you?" Park Chorong asked politely.
"I wanted to see Mr Kai but was told that he is in a meeting with someone else" smiling Naeun paused before adding.
"I guess everyone is off work now."

Park Chorong and Choi Aera smile at her before the former speaks again.
"Yes Miss. But we could stay here and wait with you if it is urgent. Or maybe we could pass a message to Mr Kim if you would like."
"It's fine. I wouldn't want to trouble you all. I'll just leave and meet Mr Kim later. Thank you and get home safe." Naeun was about to turn around when the door opened again.

Naeun could feel her heart constricted and shattered by the sight of Kai walking out with Krystal clinging onto his arms tightly. The only thing holding Naeun's composure was her pride. Taking a deep breath Naeun bowed politely towards Kai and Krystal.

"Nangni, what are you doing here?" Kai asked pulling his arm from Krystal's hold. Krystal pouted, displeased by Kai's action and turned to nod her head as acknowledgment towards Naeun.

"I came to see you about something, but I just remembered I have another pressing matter to attend to." Naeun spoke with a thin smile.

"Kai, let's go and have dinner. Naeun you have to go right? I'll see you around." Krystal spoke with a smirk.

Naeun bowed at the couple and walks towards the elevator, Park Chorong following behind her. Kai stood still, dumbfounded by the situation before turning to glare at Krystal.