Chapter 12

Naeun drove to Marcella's with troubled mind, her father is not going to give in and her mother's words linger in her head. Sighing Naeun went out of her car and walked into the club.

It's still early and Marcella's will only be opening it's door for patrons at 5 p.m. She have half an hour to go through last night's sales and stock balance with her manager before the operations hour's started. Naeun watch the waiters cleaning the club and setting up tables and chairs before walking up the stairs to get to her office. There are more workers doing the cleaning on the second and third floor, they stopped and bowed at her respectfully before assuming their tasks.

Walking into her office she noticed the sales report and stock balance report on her table. Naeun was done reading the reports when the club manager Mr Choi Seung Hyun knocked and walked into her office.
"Was there any problems last night?" She asked him.
"None Miss. Everything went smoothly as usual. The daily sales are inside the safe box and I will bank in everything tomorrow. As for our liquor and beers orders I will contact the supplier after tonight's stock balance."
Naeun nodded and smile at the efficient manager. Mr Choi has been her employee since she first started the business and he probably knows the running of Marcella's better than her.
"Thank you Mr Choi. I would probably won't be coming in tonight and tomorrow too. I'll leave the Club in your good hands." Naeun smile warmly.
"Sure Miss and thank you for your trust." Mr Choi said before turning to leave.

Naeun sat down on her chair and check the invoices from suppliers and wrote cheques for the few pending payments that need to be settled. Done with the task, she have nothing else left to do and decided to call it a day. Standing up she reached for her hand bag and walk out of the office and left some orders for the manager Mr Choi before finally leaving the club.

Naeun cellphone rang once she was inside her car, seeing the caller id she sighed before answering it.
"Nangni my mom called and said there will be a meeting of your family and mine tomorrow night."
Kai spoke on the other line.
"Jongin where are you?"
"Penthouse. You sound tired. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. Can I come over?"
She ended the call after he said yes and drove to Kai's penthouse.

Kai opened the door for her and she stood watching him feeling her heart skipped a beat. He's dressed in long sleeves shirt and brown pants, his reading glasses reminded her of their college days.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked walking lazily to the living room sofa

"Was thinking to get groceries before mom's call" he walked to the kitchen and came back with a glass of orange juice for her. Naeun lifted her eyebrow and stare at the glass he handed.
"I read it's good for pregnant women. Vitamin C and for iron absorption. It will help to increase your red blood cells."
Naeun laugh and took the glass of juice from his hand as he sit next to her and place his reading glasses on the coffee table.
"You're not going to the club today. I wonder why?"
"Shut up if you're going to say I told you so."
Kai hold her close to him and massages her shoulder giving comfort.

Naeun took a deep breath and stare at him before she speaks slowly.

"My dad doesn't care who the father is as long I married him. My mom asked me to think about both families and not to be selfish."
"Nangni, be selfish if you want to. Don't push yourself too hard to please everyone around. You know I will support any decisions you make."
She knows he speaks from his heart and would truly respect and support any decisions she make but she is torn by what her mother said.
"Jongin, do you think we can make marriage works?"

Kai moved in his seats and focused on her face. He saw the beautiful Son Naeun that he knew except for her dejected eyes. He wants to rid of the look in her eyes.
"Nangni, your happiness is everything to me. I don't know honestly if we can make marriage works. But we can learn to love each other as a man and woman instead of friends. Beside after what happened between us, I have been having this feelings for you. I don't know if it is love or not but it is there."

Naeun stare at him clearly shocked by his revelation. Kai took her hand in his and smile before kissing the back of her hand. She felt touched that he is being honest with his feelings unlike her.

Combing her hair back, she stood up straight and looked at him in the eyes and ask confidently.
"Jongin, will you marry me?"

Kai blinked several times, caught by surprise at the sudden question. He can see that she is waiting for his answer with bated breath. His tongue darted out to moisten his dry lips before speaking.
"Err, are you asking me for real?" He stuttered a bit and he can see her eyes laughing at him.
"Kim Jongin will you marry me and be the father of my child?" Naeun asked in a low voice.

Naeun can feel her hands sweating and her heart pumping faster waiting nervously for his answer. Few minutes passed by and he just kept staring at her. He's making her feel stupid for asking and she can feel tears pooling in her eyes.

"Know what, forget I asked." She was about to stand up when his hand move to hold her arm firmly and kept her seated.

"Yes, I will marry you. But only if you promise to learn to love me as a man and not just a friend because that's what I intend to do." Kai declared with determination. She cleared her throat unsure how to respond to his declaration. He spoke again softly this time.
"Nangni, you said this afternoon that marriage needs love. But for me marriage need mutual respect and understanding and we have that in abundance. So we will find it in our hearts for the love that you insisted on because I don't want you to have regrets."

Kai smile watching her confused face, he love seeing the changes in her face according to her emotions and the fact that he can read her made him happy.

"I won't have regrets and I would fall in love with you and get you to love me. Deal?" There's hint of teasing in her tone but he could also hear a promise.

Kai leans forward and kiss her lips tenderly. She was surprised but thrilled at the same time. Smiling, Naeun parted her lips, giving him more access to her mouth and the kiss deepened. When he pulled back minutes later they were both breathing hard.

"Sleepover?" He asked when their breathing was back to normal.
"I want dinner." He smile and caress her cheek upon hearing the unexpected answer and asked,
"Should we go out to eat? What would you like?"
"I want you to cook for me." Naeun spoke in nasally cute voice with a little pout. She never shown this side of her to Kai and was surprised with her own self. Must be the hormones.

"But Nangni I got nothing to cook in the kitchen. If you are really hungry I suggest we eat out. Hmm?" He really didn't have anything to cook in his kitchen. He was supposed to go out for groceries. Well things happened.

"I want to eat your cooking,please? Or I won't eat then." Her hand went to her stomach and displayed her most pitiful face at him.

He stare at her and blinked several times. This is not the Son Naeun he knew.
"Okay I will cook but we have to go groceries shopping first." She jumped and hugged him as soon as he finished with his sentence. He couldn't help it but smile at her childish act.