Chapter 23

Clarke's POV

Lexa was holding my hand tightly as we entered the Sanctum castle, I knew she was worried about me speaking to Tori's sister but I had to, I had to try and make peace.

"Welcome back" The leader said as her eyes drifted to Lexa and I.

"Which one?" She asked.

"Me, I killed her" I admitted stepping forward.

"Clarke" Lexa warned.

"It's okay Lexa" I assured before turning my attention back to the leader.

"Clarke" the leader said.

"And you?" I asked.

"Ruby, I'd like a moment with you, alone." She said.

"Okay, give me a minute." Clarke said before focusing back to Lexa. Ruby left the room leaving us alone.

"Hey, don't be scared, I'm right here we're just gunna talk that's all." I assured taking Lexa's hands in mine.

"Clarke-" Lexa said worried, squeezing my hands.

"I'm right here" I said before pulling her into a hug. She hid her face in the crook of my neck as I ran my fingers through her hair. After some time I had to be the one to pull away, looking into her green eyes that looked like she was about to cry.

"Hey, don't, go back with the others and I'll be right behind you, I promise" I said, she shook her head but never looked away from my eyes.

"Lexa come on, I'm gunna be okay you know that" I said softly.

"We don't know that Clarke" Lexa managed to say.

"Well I do, now go please" I whispered bringing her closer to me.

"Clarke-"

"Lexa go" I said strictly before connecting our lips in a soft kiss. When we pulled away she finally nodded.

"I love you" she said softly as she began to walk away.

"I love you" I replied with a soft smile on my face as I turned around and entered the room Ruby had gone in. When I walked in I saw a look of anger on Ruby's face and two men standing beside her, she didn't look like this just a minute ago when I saw her.

"Ruby?" I asked confused, walking closer.

"Lock her up" she said deadly. I looked at her confused, just a minute ago she wasn't looking for revenge and now she wants me locked up with no explanation. It was all an act to get me here.

"Ruby you-"

"Lock her up!" Ruby yelled even louder as I started backing up.

"You can't..I..I promised Lexa I would be okay" I whispered to myself as I looked to the floor.

"Don't make promises you can't keep" Tori said as the guards started walking up to me.

"Please! Ruby I-"

"If you want your people to be safe here in Sanctum that starts with your death" Ruby said as the guards latched onto my arms.

"Your gunna kill me?" I said shocked staring right into her eyes.

"I'm not sure, but you deserve it. And that girl you we're with, who is she to you? Your sister, your friend, your-"