Chapter 16

(Brittany's POV)

"Where are my kids Quinn?" I ask whilst frantically searching around their penthouse, but I can't seem to find them. "QUINN" I shout louder. "Santana took them with her" she states. "What why?!" I question, Quinn dishes me her signature eye roll and crosses her arms tightly over her chest. "Come on B, seriously?" she's giving me that look that suggests I should know the answer. "You went after him. She got even more mad if that's possible, took the kids and went back to hers" I look at her flabbergasted "And you didn't stop her? She cant do that" I argue. "You have joint custody and...and she doesn't trust Joel. I know what went down between the two of you and quite frankly B I wouldn't trust him either." she says matter of factly. "He would never hurt them" I say through tears. "But he hurt you..." she counter argues. I sigh and slouch my shoulders in defeat. "I'm going to go" I grab my jacket and thank the hosts for tonights hospitality and apologise for the scene caused between Joel and Santana. I climb into a cab and give him Santana's address. I am pissed she just took off with the kids, I know obviously no harm will come to them, but it's the fact she just left with no word. If she had stuck around she would learn that I ended things with Joel, but she didn't. She flew off the handle in her usual Santana ways and left. But then, I don't think I can blame her, I would have probably done the same, it's only because she cares about us.

The cab pulls up to Santana's penthouse block, I climb out and look to the sky at the daunting building towering over me. I dread to think of the reception I am going to receive when she see's me, but I know I have to deal with it sooner rather than later. I get into the elevator and punch in the code needed to take you up to Santana's apartment, just like in her office the doors open up into her apartment. It's silent, a sign the kids are already asleep in their beds. No sign of Santana. The hallway leading to the rest of the penthouse is dimly lit from the spotlights in the ceiling, lowly illuminating the pieces of artwork she has hung up. The dark mahogany floors making the room seem darker. "Santana" I call out as I walk through the hallway and into the wide open plan room which plays host to the living room and kitchen. "Santana" I call out again, this time a little louder. But not too loud in case the kids are asleep. I notice an open bottle of wine along side a glass a quarter full on the coffee table as dread flows through every inch of my body, has she had a drink? Have I pushed it to her again? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that's the case. "San" I call out yet again but with more conviction yet worry behind it. Worry what I state I might find her in...

In the deathly silence that fills the walls as I work my around the bottom floor I begin to hear some noise, very faint. I have to still my breathing and freeze where I stand in order to concentrate on what I think I can hear. I tip toe in the direction I think it's coming from as it gets a little louder with every couple of steps I take. I find a door open ajar, almost an invitation to walk in, I go to knock and I hear a melody playing from the other side of the door. The piano.

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat, hot headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"Round and around and around and around we go
Oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stayIt's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take, it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you knowNot really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
And I want you to stay