Chapter 11

(Santana's POV)

It's been two months since I walked out of our lawyers office leaving Brittany to think on my words. Surprisingly she didn't bother chasing after me or try talking to me about it at any point after that day. Proceedings are taking longer than I had hoped Ken Doll is trying to convince Brittany to fight the cut in spousal support, which is insane because she will still be receiving $1m a month which is really fucking generous given the circumstances. The thing is with cheating, you still love that person. Well I do anyway. I haven't filed for divorce because I don't love Britt, like I fell out of love with her. It's nothing like that, I still love her so much, she is the mother of my children, she was my soulmate. But I couldn't face waking up next to her anymore and thinking 'you cheated'. My father had an affair when I was in third grade. My mother forgave him and stayed with him, but each time he would walk out of the door for work or a long weekend business trip, I would see a small part of her die inside. She would be riddled with apprehension, wondering is he really working or is he screwing his new secretary. They got over it after years and years or therapy, but those years they were miserable. Not with me, not as a family unit. But with their interaction with each other and as I got older I noticed it more and more. I couldn't stomach being that way with Brittany. I could have stayed and tried to fight this, but I feared Joel has his hooks gripped into her far too tightly and she is falling for him.

All of the gang obviously know what's going on now and to be honest, they have all been so supportive. They haven't picked a side, nor have we expected them to take a side. They involve us equally if they have dinner parties or get togethers, I am okay with not going to every event I am a busy woman after all. I'm swimming laps in the pool of my penthouse when I see my phone vibrating against the floor. I swim up to the edge and see it's Blaine ringing me I answer and put the phone on speaker.

"Hey bow tie"

"Hello to you too Santana, charming as always"

"Ah well, you know me! What's up?"

"Dinner party, ours Friday night? You in?"

"Ugh, another one? I don't know if I can stomach it after Kurt's 80's icons night. There was far too much hairspray in the air that night."

"I promise you, it's nothing like that. This is more of a laid back, casual sort of dinner."

"Laid back? Casual? Those are not words in Kurt's vocabulary..."

"Okay well...It's black tie-"

"-AHA! I knew it. Porcelain only knows extravagance"

"As true as that may be, we would love for you to be here. So...are you in?"

"Sure, I'll be there"

"Great! Be here for around seven?"

"Seven is good, need me to bring anything?"

"Nope, just yourself!-"

"-Oh Blaine, I gotta go. London offices are ringing me. Bye"

*click*

I get out of the pool and lay out on the sun lounger to dry off. It's hot as balls today and I actually have a day off. I went to therapy this morning, Holly and I agreed it would still be a good idea if we continued our sessions through the divorce. She has given me many coping techniques to go through if I ever feel myself needing to come undone. Thankfully, the temptation to drink alcohol has stayed at bay during these god awful months, which is something I am personally proud of. I lay basking in the heat when my phone goes off again, I see it's Britt.

"Hey Santana. Are you still okay to get Isabella from creche tomorrow please? As I have that parent-teacher conference for the boys tomorrow after school, so meet back at your office?" -B