Chapter 25

Once the doors closed behind Bokuto and Akaashi you turned back to your father.

"What did you want to talk about?" You asked.

"You deserve an explanation of what is going on." He said.

"Someone died in this clan during a territory war when you were little. Ittetsu Takeda, your second father was killed by Nohebi's clan leader. I was devastated, the whole clan was. In an act of revenge I killed him, that son of a bitch had it coming. Now his son, Suguru Daishou has decided to take revenge for his father. You've become his target to intact his revenge on since he knows he can't kill me. He tried to three years ago and I thought he gave up... instead he just changed targets." He told you.

You sat there in silence, taking in what your father had..

Flashback

Ukai was with his trusted friends, one of those friends was Ittetsu Takeda. They were in an alleyway going to meet the leader of the Nohebi Clan. The Karasuno and Nohebi Clan had been in a clan war for a few months now over clan territory. Nohebi was finally prepared to discuss territory lines with Karasuno. Ukai was told to meet them at a disclosed location but what he didn't know was Nohebi planned to double cross them.

Gun shots rang through the alleyway as the Karasuno members took cover.

Takeda hid behind a random dumpster for cover. He pulled out his gun before he saw a young girl covering her ears sitting next to him.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked the little girl.

She shook her head no.

"Where are your parents sweetheart?" He asked her in a concerned voice.

"They're gone." She said simply with tears in her eyes.

"Gone?" Takeda asked confused and she nodded. He wondered if her parents just abandoned here in this alleyway. It was common for people to do that in this part of town.

"It will be okay sweetie I'll protect you." He said as he pulled the crying girl close. She wrapped her small arms around him.

The sounds of gun shots died down as the Nohebi members decided to retreat. Ukai ran over to check on Takeda. Ukai was surprised to find him holding a sleeping girl in his arms.

"Takeda what the-"

"We are taking her home." Takeda interrupted.

That's where your Karasuno story started. Ittetsu Takeda was the one who saved you when you were a child, him and Ukai raised you as if you were their biological child. Takeda was murdered four months later, Ukai never told you the reason why until now. Ukai continued to be the model father Takeda would have wanted him to be. He vowed to protect and keep Takeda's legacy alive. He made obscure rules for you to follow in order to protect you. His greatest fear was you dying and he'd blame himself. Just like he did with Takeda's death.

It all made sense to you now. The rules, the sheltering you, and the over protectiveness in general; it was all for you.

"This is all for my safety?" You asked.

"Yes, I would sacrifice this whole clan if it meant you could live. My life means nothing compared to yours." Ukai said.

You nodded.

"Kenma will continue wedding preparations with you until the big day. I will see you then my beautiful daughter." He stood from his chair and walked over to you. He hugged you for a long time before he pulled apart.

"Kuroo and Kenma will be here in an hour. They'll meet you in the garage in their car to take you to Nekoma. Pack most of your things until then. I'll call you if I can. Please remember, I love you y/n."