Chapter 9

"Ladies and Gentlemen of all clans! We have what you came for tonight! The battle for the champion belt, this match will be between Kuroo of Nekoma and the current belt holder Bokuto of Fukurōdani."

Cheers erupted from the crowd making your ears start to ring a little.

Bokuto and Kuroo entered the boxing ring. They both wore clan colored shorts and jackets that were soon removed. They were shirtless and looked riled up with their clans cheering them on.

"I'm not going easy on you today, Kōtarō." Kuroo mockingly sneered. Even though the two of them were best friends, they were super competitive in the ring.

"Neither am I." Bokuto say as he got into his starting position. They looked at the referee just before he shouted "Fight!"

Bokuto and Kuroo we're like two rams, headbutting each other. At the club fighting was a mixture of wrestling, boxing, and hand to hand combat; so really anything goes in the ring. They lock hands with each other and pushed against one another.

The boys were just holding each other in place to see who's initial power was stronger. That's when Kuroo got the upper hand as Bokuto's feet started to slip back. With Bokuto's strength being thrown back it gave Kuroo the chance for an opening.

Kuroo took the chance to twist Bokuto's left arm and punched him with his other arm. The pair let go of each other. Bokuto touched his nose but found it wasn't bleeding. He smirked and rushed towards Kuroo. He acted as if he was going to strike him as a decoy.

Kuroo grabbed Bokuto's arm to stop the attack but Bokuto kicked his legs and Kuroo went to the ground. Bokuto attempted to pin him to the floor and have him tap out, but Kuroo wasn't going to giving up.

"It's better if you just stand down Tetsurou. I might have to hurt you." Bokuto laughed. Kuroo didn't see how this was a laughing matter, instead he was getting angry.

Kuroo managed to flip Bokuto over so that he was no longer pinned down. Kuroo quickly got onto his knees going to stand up when Bokuto grabbed him again.

They both were on the ground attempting to get the upper hand. They both put each other in a choke hold. Neither was gonna let up. This match was coming to a close, it all depended on who could hold out the longest.

Both Bokuto and Kuroo were starting to give in. Their faces were red. A silence fell over the crowd as they waited for who the victor would be.

Bokuto felt three light taps on his arm and with that Bokuto dropped Kuroo to the floor.

"He did it!" You screamed as the rest of the crowd went crazy over the match.

Bokuto was standing over a beaten up Kuroo with both arms up. Akaashi was in the corner of the arena proudly clapping at his boyfriend and they quickly locked eyes.

'I really hope you're proud of me' Bokuto thought. Then he looked at you cheering for him in the Karasuno lounge.

'Both of you'. He was happy his two favorite people in the world were cheering for him, that was his pride.

Once the excitement died down a break was taken to clean the ring and prepare for the next match. You were on your phone minding your own business when Tanaka and Noya both slid next to you on either side.

"Hey Y/n." Noya said to you.

"What's up you two?" You asked.

"Do you want to gamble with us next round?" Tanaka said to you.

"We are betting that Bokuto's next opponent will beat him."

"That doesn't seem very fair. Who is he going up against?" You said distrustfully. They were pulling your leg but you didn't understand what the catch was.

"That's the thing we don't know, so really the bet is in your favor." Noya said nonchalantly.

Suga waked over to the bar where Asahi and Daichi were sitting. He noticed Tanaka and Noya were playing their little tricks again.

"Are they trying to cheat Y/n?" Suga asked.

"Yep." Daichi responded.

"Of course they are. Why am I not surprised?" Suga deadpanned as he continued to watch the interaction.

You were thinking about this bet. It was in your favor and Bokuto's word did tell you to "bet on him" so there was no way you could lose. Right?

"How much are we betting?" You sighed.

"$1000" They said at the same time. Clearly they planned this bet from the beginning.

"Deal." You shook both of their hands.

Suga sighed as he saw that the bet was finalized with the two con artists .

"She's going to get screwed over."