Chapter 10

Art credit: okurai_olo on Twitter

The Karasuno clan started to settle back into their seats, ready for the next match to start. They all seemed especially excited for this match for some reason, but it was unbeknownst to you.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, the next opponent is a fan favorite. You know him. You love him. Sadly he's retiring soon but is here for one last match. Also here he is once again to prove the strength of the head family." The announcer shouted.

"Wait what?" You whispered.

"Please welcome to the ring Keishin Ukai!" Your clan went crazy jumping up and down while you were sitting in shock. You looked over at Noya, he was laughing and you hit him in the arm.

"You knew my dad was going to fight next." You said angrily at him.

"Of course you should have been smarter when making this bet with us y/n." He continued to laugh at your misfortune before high fiving Tanaka.

Now you were panicking as your father was preparing to actually fight your boyfriend. Bokuto knew about this fight but didn't tell you because he knew you'd disapprove. You snapped out of your thoughts and stared intensely at the ring.

"Ready? FIGHT!" The announcer yelled.

You couldn't watch the fight.

Bokuto was getting it handed to him. Akaashi watched the match worriedly on the sidelines, he'd never seen a match go as downhill as this one. Your anxiety was consuming you so you stood up and quickly ran out of the lounge.

"Y/n where are you going?" Daichi shouted as you ran out the door. Everyone in the clan looked at you confused but shrugged and went back to watching the match.

You wanted, no you needed to find Akashi. You quickly ran down the hall and turned the corner before you bumped into someone. It was Kanoha. The force of the collision made you fall on the floor.

"Woah y/n are you okay?" He asked you, his hand was held out to you.

"Yeah I'm fine. I need to find Akaashi." You said slightly out of breath. You took his hand and stood up.

"You need to find Akaashi? Follow me." He said before quickly walking down the hall. You followed him before he stopped and pointed to the man you were looking for. Akaashi was still intensely watching the match.

Akaashi felt a light tap on his shoulder, when he turned around he was surprised to see you.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I can't watch this." You said in a desperate tone. He secretly took your hand, although no one was paying attention to you and Akaashi, they were watching the match.

"I know it's hard to watch. But there's nothing I can do to help-" He stopped mid sentence. He looked at you and then looked at Bokuto. He was thinking, but about what?

"Cheer him on. I know he can hear you from where we are standing. Maybe he'll perk up and he can turn this fight around."

"You got it!" You said before turning towards the ring. Bokuto was on the floor, attempting to recover. This is how you knew he needed your support. You took a deep breath before screaming.

"COME ON BOKUTO! I'm betting on you to win! GET UP!"

Luckily your screams reached Bokuto, he looked over in your direction. He smiled as he saw you standing with Akaashi and he got off the floor.

As Bokuto stood back up to face his opponent, Ukai watched him slowly get up.

"Kōtarō you finally stopped messing around." Ukai taunted Bokuto as he recovered.

"Well I can't let an old man beat me." Bokuto said.

"What! I'm not that old." He said before charging at Bokuto.

Unlike before, Bokuto was prepared for Ukai's oncoming attack. He blocked Ukai's punch, before trying to get a hit in himself. He managed to knee Ukai in the stomach before Ukai took Bokuto to the ground.

"You won't get me this time." Bokuto yelled, attempting to get the upper hand. Ukai had a firm grip on Bokuto; he wasn't going anywhere. Bokuto knew he needed to make his own way out. He slammed his right fist in Ukai's shoulder causing him to be set free from your father's grasp.

You and Akaashi watched nervously, his hands were interlocked with yours. You both believed Bokuto could pull this off.

Bokuto had managed to stand up while Ukai was still on the ground. Bokuto kicked him in the side a few times before waiting for him to get up.

Ukai struggled to catch his breath as Bokuto had just kicked him in the rib. As he slowly tried to get off the floor Bokuto took his arms and slammed him back down, blocking him from getting back up.

At this point Ukai had put up the most fight he had in years, and he was tired. He looked at the referee before tapping the ground three times.

"Ukai has tapped out! Bokuto wins!"