Chapter 23

Akaashi quickly made his way over to the safe room to find you. He opened the door to find you on a bed with Oikawa and Iwaizumi sitting on a couch.

"Keiji." You said as he ran to your side.

"Oh y/n, baby I'm sorry." He said looking at your bandaged arm.

"My father is a mafia leader, we should have expected this. Where is Ko?" You asked.

"He's with your father, I'm taking you home and I'm staying with you."

"Okay, did something happen?" You weren't complaining, you wanted to spend time with Akaashi but he was adamant on coming and Bokuto wasn't included. You knew something was up.

"No." Akaashi said, he was lying to you. The truth was he was angry at Bokuto for acting out in the interrogation room. Akaashi and Bokuto both needed a breather from each other.

"Okay." You turned to Iwaizumi and Oikawa. "Thank you for patching me up Iwa." You gave him a hug.

"Of course y/n." He smiled back to you while Oikawa watched.

"I'll see you two at the wedding." You waved goodbye before Akaashi took you to a car. He texted Bokuto and Ukai that he was taking you back to the Karasuno manor, and he was staying their for the night to 'ensure your safety'. They both agreed. Bokuto was sad but he understood Akaashi's reasoning for their time apart, he realized he messed up.

The ride home was quiet. You knew something was wrong with Akaashi.

"What happened?" You asked, cutting the silence.

"What do you mean?" Akaashi said hoping you would drop the subject.

"What happened with you and Bokuto? I can tell he did something. The three of us are getting married in two months, there shouldn't be secrets between us." You said. Akaashi let out a sigh.

"We've told you in the past that we don't want you to be thrown into the full blown life of a mafia boss. You know your father has sheltered you for most of your life. You've seen Bokuto when he's angry but sometimes he takes it too far. Tonight he did, I'm not going into details about it but a few years ago he promised me he would change. Clearly he tried to work on his anger issues and it has gotten better but he keeps relapsing. It angers me, and I don't want you to see this side of him." He explained to you while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Keiji we know he loves us and we love him, anger issues and all. I can only imagine what he did tonight."

"I don't want you to be scared when you do experience him like that." He said sadly. He knew he hated seeing Bokuto like that and when you saw it, you would be destroyed. Bokuto's mood swings were hard to handle, Akaashi had been doing it for years. He was unsure how you'd react to it.

"I know who I'm marrying, I'm not afraid of either of you." You leaned over and put your head on his shoulder. He took a hand off the steering wheel and rubbed your head. It wasn't long before you made it home and Akaashi took you inside cautiously. No one was at the manor yet but you received a text from your father that 'they would be home soon and to meet him in his office'.

"I assume your father wants to talk to you about tonight." Akaashi said.

"Yes, to be honest I want to forget about it." You said looking down at your arm. When the clan came home your father instructed them to no discuss tonight which was a shame. Everyone wanted to congratulate you on your engagement. Ukai ran to his office to find you sitting with Akaashi. He ran over and hugged you.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said before pulling away from you and inspecting your arm.

"Dad I'm fine."

"No you're not. You need to rest tonight, and tomorrow we need to discuss the precautions that need to be taken for your safety. Nohebi knows of the engagement and your wedding, there is a target on your back. They will come after you. If I must lock you up for two months to protect you I will, no joke."

"I understand." You said as you looked at Akaashi sadly, hoping you didn't have to take the latter.

"Goodnight y/n, Akaashi." Ukai waved goodnight as you walked out of his office.

"Goodnight."

You and Akaashi walked out of the office and towards the bed rooms.

"Which spare room am I staying in?" Akaashi asked.

"Why don't you just stay in my room tonight?" You suggested with an innocent smile. After what happened tonight you didn't want to be alone.

"I'd like that." He smiled back.

You took him into your room and he followed you. You asked him to unzip your dress which he did before you got in the shower.  Akaashi sat on the bed patiently as he waited for you to finish your nighttime routine. Once you got out of the bathroom he went in and took a shower. You changed into your pajamas before searching for something for Akaashi to wear. You gave Akaashi a large T-shirt that would fit him, then he wore his boxers as shorts.

You sat on the bed as Akaashi came out of the bathroom.

"I'm glad you're here with me, after everything that happened." You said smiling at him.

"Y/n I'm glad you're still alive." He sighed, then sat down next to you and put his head on your shoulder.

"If you hadn't pushed me I probably would have died." You hugged him.

"I wasn't going to let that happen beautiful." He kissed your cheek.

"Are you going to forgive Ko?" You said as you laid down and pull the covers over you and Akaashi.

"Of course I will. He probably was very depressed tonight after our argument. He needs tonight to think."

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow goodnight."

"Good night my sweet angel." He kissed you on the lips before you turned off the lights.