10: Hell of a Night; part 2

Start from the beginning

Makai values my opinion, and vise versa.

Makai was like my best friend and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm scared.

*

We were about five minutes from the meet up. King was no where to be found, and a few these workers were actin' shady as shit.

They were sitting in the back row of the truck, whispering and lookin' at me funny. And guess who was right there in the mix...

You guessed it. You was muuuhfuckin' correct.

Jada.

I already know I'm tappin' that ass before the night is over.

"Makai, please tell me what's up."

"A, its nothing. Put this in Ya pocket, and don't read it until you get home. Just know that I love you, aight?" Grabbing the envelope from him, I folded it and put in my the back pocket of my black jeans.

I searched his eyes for any emotion and I saw his green eyes watering but he wiped the tears before they could fall.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Where is this coming from?

"I-I love you too Kai, but-"

"Okay we're here, lets go," I heard one of the big, buff niggas that were in the front seat announce. We were meeting with an Italian named Emilio on a hill that overlooked the city.

I could tell that Makai was becoming uncomfortable under my gaze because he wouldn't look at me. I watched as he got his guns out of the bag behind his seat and put them in his waistband.

"You all look nice this evening," Emilio stated in his strong accent before lighting a cigar.

"Thank you, Hun." I rolled my eyes at Jada nasty ass.

"I see you all came prepared," Emilio nodded towards the ten trucks that were lined up behind me, Makai, and thotty.

"Do you all have my merchandise?"

"Do you all have my money?" I was more than ready to get this over with because I could sense that something was wrong.

Emilio snapped his fingers and 5 men walked up with a duffle bag each.

"Now can I have my merchandise?"

I mugged him before allowing our workers to meet Emilio's workers in the middle.

Emilio signaled for his workers to get the drugs.

"Not so fast, Super Mario! Open the money bags," I demanded. These foreigners be thinkin that they run shit.

Emilio obviously was planning on not paying us because the bags were filled with rocks.

Before I could speak, he and all his men were aiming their guns in our direction.

"Miss Asia, did you really think I would wanna be in alliance with your father again?"

My eyebrows furrowed again. How the hell he know my government?

"Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just doing my job," I smirked at him, as our workers pulled out their guns, mimicking the actions of his.

"But I'm not shooting the messenger, Miss. I'm shooting the whole team."

As soon as those words left his mouth shots were fired.

"Oh fuck," I heard Makai yell from the side of me.

Looking to my right, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Makai was laying on the ground with three bullets in his chest, and coughing up blood.

The sound of guns firing had died down completely. I glanced in that direction to see Emilio and the last of his people gone, most of them were on the lying on the ground dead though.

"Makai. Makai please don't do this to me! Please Makai! Please," I took off my jacket and put pressure on his wounds.

"A-Asia, this is it baby girl," he paused to gasp for air.

"Makai, I need you. you can't go out like this. Not today, I'm not gonna let it happen."

"You gotta b-be strong for me aight, they comin'. " He groaned in pain as the workers picked him up in a hurry and took him to one of the trucks.

I ran my hands through his hair as his head laid in my lap. His head rocked side to side with each turn that the truck took, trying to hurry and get to the closest trap house.

"Makai, stop speakin' like this, please for me. We finna get you some help, and we gonna go home and watch one of Kevin Hart shows and laugh our asses off, okay?"

Tears burned the back of my eyes as I watched him try and smile.

"I love you, A Baby."

"And I love you too, Kai Baby," I dropped a few tears when he took his last breath.

It was almost immediate when his body turned cold and his eyes glazed over. I couldn't stop the rest of my tears from falling.

Makai Carter. Time of death, April 26th, 11:47 p.m.

What is happening? Was all that I could ask myself.

*

"I'm sorry." The nurse in the trap house infirmary gave me a slight smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. I felt that her words had a double meaning.

"Can you pass me those guns please," I questioned towards Ant with a raspy voice.

Him, Mona, Nick, Cameron, and Zion had arrived not too long ago and we were all just reminiscing about the good times that we'd had with Makai's crazy ass.

There were laughs being exchanged occasionally but we all knew that that this was only the beginning of whatever was about to happen.

Ant handed me the tray that had all of Makai's things on it things on it.

I began to unload the three guns that he had, only to discover that they were all empty.

Motherfucker.

Omniscient POV

"Asia, get ya ass back in here right now!"

Asia ignored Ant and ran to the living room of the trap where she knew that Jada would be.

"You bitch!" Asia grabbed Jada by her neck, and punched her in the eye.

Jada tried to fight back, but Asia wasn't letting up. She got a few licks in, but they were no match for Temper.

"Aye nigga, back the fuck up!"

One of Jada's man friends was trying to break up the fight but Cameron started yelling and threatening people so he backed down.

"Aight that's enough," Mona's pregnant behind stated.

After those words, she was lifted into the air by Nick.

"Naw, let me go! That bitch set him up!"

Jada looked scared for a second, but then she tried to cover up her nervousness with a mug. "No I did not! I'm just as sad as you are!"

"You know what, fuck it."

Asia knew that Jada was lying and she wanted to know the truth about everything.

Asia freed herself from Nick's hold before wiping the tears from her face and walking back to the infirmary with her heart beating fast and her mind telling her to go back for more.

However, she would have her chance in about a weeks time.

"I love you Makai."

Asia kissed his cold forehead and grabbed all his belongings along with her car keys and went home to sulk in her misery.

It was a hell of a night.