Chapter 33

PART 2

Twenty-six years earlier.......

A twenty-one-year girl in Russia...

Looking at my small baby boy I just kissed his forehead. All I wanted for him was to be safe and loved. I wanted to give him everything he lacked that I could.

His father, the eldest son of the Pakhan, hadn't come to see his own son. He hadn't stepped in this room or even said a word all through the pregnancy. Now it has been more than three months since his birth. It was nothing but a duty he had to go through on the word of his father and provide with an heir.

I could understand how he felt about the loss of his children and last wife but punishing me and his other son for it wasn't worth it.

We never married for love. I had always known that. In this vicious world of violence and power love was something that all you could get from your parents if you were lucky. I was loved by my mother while all my father has seen me as nothing but a transaction. Just a way to get closer to the family of the Pakhan.

When she had gone missing with the child everyone was in chaos. Everyone was searched through and looked for. However, in the end, the Pakhan had been angry at her for bringing such a disgrace to the family. She hated the violence and didn't want the same thing for her children. I think she was naive enough to think all of that. Once we were born into this we either be in it or be dead.

Many said she was pregnant with another child when she had run away but no one dared to speak in front of the Pakhan and his family. All everyone was said to believe that someone had kidnapped the whole family. With no other choice, we had to believe that. My husband still loved her and looked for her crazily.

Love the only thing was nothing but a hoax. It couldn't exist between us because in the end men will always go off the path in this life we lived in violence.

Rumors all around were that it was the illegitimate child of the Pakhan who had done all of it. However, in the end, nothing was clear yet.

Some said she went on her own, some said she was forced, some said she was lied to but all we knew was she was nowhere to be found and no one had found her and the kids yet. His eldest son was the next in the line to be the Pakhan, the present Pakhan was living on borrowed time and it was his last wish to make sure the future was secured and I had fulfilled my duty by giving the family a son, an heir.

I did my duty even though I was treated as nothing more than a slave or maid. My husband didn't even like the shadow of me. My father didn't want me hanging back at our house. Hence I was forced to confine myself in the small room given to me.

A knock on the door had me looking up towards the door. I couldn't say anything because around four to five men rushed inside followed by my husband.

I held my baby boy tighter.

"It's time," he said and I just didn't understand.

But maybe I should have from the start because the next thing I knew my father was pushed into the room, bleeding and tied.

Present

Viktor

I looked at my little bride through the computer screen, sleeping peacefully on a small iron bed. Just because she was Ivan Nicholoi's daughter didn't mean that she would get all the luxuries. It all depended very well on me what she got and what she doesn't. She was beautiful but I had seen better than her though I was sure when I was done with her she would look better than ever.