Chapter 16

Valencia

I saw the people hustling around the house preparing for the party. I had called in for an event planner to help me up in setting everything up. I had invited everyone around us and all those we have ever known. It was very easy and mind it I had engraved the words on the card that the new owners of the house have invited them to the party.

My entire family was sulking somewhere in their room beside my brother Karl he was back to work. Well, whatever he had left of it. Even the evil duo hadn't shown up their faces. Neither anywhere in the corridor or anywhere near the dining table. I had asked Nana about them who only told me that everyone had taken breakfast up in their rooms.

Everyone was in their places but just not Claire and today was the time for it.

Picking my phone I went outside in the garden. Nodding to one of the guards to follow me to an isolated place.

"Make sure no one comes near until it's your boss," I ordered him before looking around once again and placing the call.

"Hello, Richard this is Valencia, Claire's friend," I told him as soon as he picked up.

"Valencia, how are you?" I knew he was in a hotel nearby and had checked in. I had made all the necessary arrangements for everyone. In the same hotel where he was staying there was another man who he was going to meet for the first time but he shared a very special bond with him. Even he hadn't known about it yet. It was going to be interesting as Claire would try both of them to explain things to them with Alexandro not too far behind demanding explanations

"I'm good. How is everyone settling in the hotel? Everything's fine I hope," this man wasn't a danger to me.

"We are good. Thanks for everything." I could hear the giggles of children in the background. I heard him moving outside.

"I have got the payment as you had told. Thanks for it I really needed it." There was desperation in his voice. I sympathized with him understanding his condition.

"No problem. I would be giving you more under our arrangement."

"I know you won't back down from your promise." This man was smart. He had clearly seen through my lie. He knew it I wasn't Claire's friend. He had demanded from me to know who I was. I had cut the call then but digging deeper into this man's present conditions I had realized that he was a desperate man and I should say a loving one too.

"I won't, as I had promised, you will get to meet to meet the boy's father soon enough and I would make sure that the mother also complies too." I heard him sigh on the other line.

"You don't know what this all could mean to me." I could feel myself looking up in the sky as I heard him say this. I wanted to tell him that I knew what it felt like this. How did it feel like to be desperate enough to do anything?

"It could mean you saving a child whom you have thought to be yours for years." I couldn't even comprehend how devastated he would have been knowing that his child was suffering from cancer and on the other hand coming to know that he wasn't even his. It was easy for him to love him but it wasn't to hate him.

"He will always be my son. I don't care who is biological parents might be. I and my wife are the only parents he had." I could hear the emotions of anger in that voice. He hated Claire. It was a mutual feeling that we both had for her. She had deceived him and the worst part he had been once again deceived when he came to know that he wasn't his father even. I knew his wife already loved that child and she was expecting. He was a working man, using every penny he had to save his family and his son.