Chapter 47

Chapter 47

It was a warm summer's day. The grass was bright green. Nature was dancing in joy. The sun beat down on the place and warmth filled the air. There was a comfortable breeze which carried the sound of children's laughter. The trees were full and home to many birds and other creatures. Everything was peaceful and happy.

It had been two hundred years since the gatekeepers started their work. Two hundred years of peace and harmony between the dimensions. It was something which was celebrated each day. For it had made an incredible difference to billions of lives. The humans now knew about the fae and the fae knew all there was to know about how to live a human life. They built relationships and friendships. It was peaceful and light again.

Of course, there were still those who were opposed to the idea of getting to know the humans and letting humans into the fae dimension. Those people were simply rather outnumbered. The dark fae were happier then they had ever been, they were treated with kindness and equality, courtesy of Vansilla.

Sylvester had worked closely with the royals to figure out which dark fae should be allowed into the human dimensions dn what the dark fae actually needed. He had the most experience with them, since he was one. He knew exactly what it was like to be a dark fae in the fae dimension, In a world where he had to survive on his own because what the dark fae had was limited.

The dark fae had feelings and they had emotions, they had hopes and dreams. It was Sylvester's job to work with them and try to help them build those dreams, within reason. None of the dark fae had any really bad intentions, even those who used to work for Nero lay low and lived ordinary human lives.

Erin ended up marrying Bryan, it was much to everyone's shock but the two of them worked something out. They had a long and deep conversation and they decided to start fresh. Brandon wasn't so lucky, he had to wait a rather long while until he found someone who he could share his heart with. They found each other eventually. The two of them lived rather normal, mundane lives in comparison to what they used to be.

Darius and Lawrence were none-the-wiser when it came to the fae dimension during their lifetime. Erin had eventually told Bryan after he questioned her about what had happened.They had decided to keep it to themselves instead of telling the rest of the group. This meant that John and Lily didn't know about the fae either, not until around seventy years after they graduated.

The gatekeepers caused plenty of opportunities for both fae and humankind. The humans would have access to fae technology and the fae could learn about their own history. They each benefited each other. The fae society took some human traditions and added them to their own. It was a lot more relaxed and yet, things seemed stronger then they had ever been before.

The royals were extremely busy the first few years. After the wedding and the coronation, their rules and laws were immediately put into practice. It was a lot for the fae to get used to. Parents did not enjoy the lack of control that they had over their kids but eventually, they became used to it. They saw the human examples, the fact that human parents managed even though they could not control the age of their children. The example was enough to allow the fae to try it out.

The human examples were enough to allow the fae to try many things actually. Such as the housing system and ways of building things. The fae magic was still used when it had to be, for convenience, yet they learnt to relax a little bit and build things. The fae learnt to enjoy the time that they had, the process of making things instead of having them be created immediately and then need to sleep because of the energy which had been lost. They were truly two different feelings of tiredness.

It was about ten years after the coronation that Vansilla was expecting her first child. She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Who was then followed three years later by a set of twin girls. It had been many many years since they were born, they had childrena nd grandchildren of their own by now.

The lady telling this story looked over the faces of many smiling children. They were in one of the most beautiful places beyond the dimensions. They were in the very place where Nero had been caught, they were in the very place where many things were sacrificed. They were in the place where the gatekeepers' adventures began.

Behind her were statues. The statues were made of opalite, the same material which was used to create the statue of Neireith. They were all intricately carved as they were not very big. There was a statue of a mischievous fox, on the fox's back stood a proud Eagle. Upon the fox's head stood a little playful Squirrel who was looking at a peaceful dove

"What are the statues for, miss?" a boy with black hair and light eyes asked politely. The physical characteristics were very helpful in figuring out someone's heritage. The boy must have had a dark fae relative at some point. Even though humans could have black hair, there was a deep darkness to the features of a dark fae.

The lady smiled and gestured to the animals. "That is a very good question!" She then started to walk towards them, the light causing different colours to shine and shimmer. "These statues represent the gatekeepers." She paused slightly but she was interrupted from saying her next sentence by a little girl.

"But there were two gatekeepers." She stated smartly. It was stated like a fact. To most children that was the fact. It was the story which they were told at night. There were two human gatekeepers who worked with the fae to break the dimensions. It was how it had always been. "Why are there four animals?"

The lady lifted a finger in the air, the twinkle in her eye brightened as she nodded. "Yes, there were two gatekeepers. However, These statues are used to represent the souls and spirits of the gatekeepers. Legend says that the gatekeeper's souls and hearts did not only belong to them but the fae who they met along the way. Their partners. The fox represents Sylvester Emberforth. The dove represents Laylian Emberforth. The squirrel represents Kelso Emberforth and the Eagle represents Tyrell Emberforth. The statue's existence is to remind us that the fae and the humans can live in harmony and peace,just like that did. Just like they found love."

The End

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING WITH ME THROUGH THE TWINS' STORY! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ALL AND I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!