Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Are you really that surprised?" Brandon asked Dawn. He was still taking the appearance of Oscar. However seeing them right next to each other it was rather obvious to know which was which. They may hold the same appearances but there's other factors which could help them figure out who was who. Oscar had terrible posture and Brandon seemed a lot less on edge. "They have to be alive for this to work."

"Shh what do you think you're doing?" Erin hissed in Lorraine's voice. It lost its effect on Brandon, the use of Lorraine's voice caused her to sound much funnier to Brandon. "We can't give out all our secrets." She looked at Brandon with an 'this should be obvius' look but that only caused Brandon to snicker. "Oh shut up."

Whilst they were having the conversation they were setting Dawn down and chaining her to the wall next to the two humans. They didn't really understand what their master planned for Dawn, they just went with whatever they were told. They were putting in some mild inconveniences for Nero now and again, slight revenge for how they were being treated. Nothing much, though they doubted Nero would appreciate Dawn being with the humans.

"Who are they gonna tell? Each other?" Brandon asked sarcastically as he stood in front of the humans, it was hard to read his expression. Annoyance was one of the most prominent emotions, it was hard to tell if it was for the humans or Nero. "Now, we're off so do whatever you like." Brandon turned and started to head towards the door, only stopping outside as he heard what Erin said afterwards.

"Except escape, that'd be too much work for us which we don't need. Cheerio!" Brandon barked a laugh , Erin made no acknowledgement of this until both of them were down stairs, where she swiftly whacked him in the back of the head.

"So how did you get messed up in this dusk?" Oscar asked Dawn weakly, they weren't' exactly getting treated with much care, they were losing energy by the minute and nothing could help them at the moment.

"It's Dawn." Dawn huffed, if she could then she would have crossed her arms. She can't believe that these were her best friend's daughter and son-in-law. "I could ask you the same question, I doubt that you know anything about this situation." She was rather blunt and sharp. Dawn liked to give respect when ti was earned, in her opinion she did not think that the girl and boy in front of her deserved respect.

"We don't know!" Lorraine almost shrieked, it surprised Dawn. She hadn't expected for Lorraine to sound so...out of it. "We were tricked to come here, then they just keep talking about stuff, like mother and the kids." Dawn held a bit of sympathy at the girl's sad tone. It wasn't much considering the tone she had then used to mention the titles of the ones that she should love most.

"Ah well if you want to be up to date, Hazel's in the hospital and the kids are in danger." Dawn decided that there was no point in beating around the bush. The two people beside her treated their children like rubbish for half of their lives. That was something that went against most of dawn's beliefs about parenting and decency. "The ones who kidnapped us are obviously the bad guys. They want your children dead."

"But why would they hurt us?" Lorraine cried. "We've had nothing to do with them!" she wasn't helping her case. Even the fae in the other cages and around the room were sick and tired of her. It was nice to have someone to listen to, after not having the energy to talk to each other. It became rather depressing after Lorraine had complained for the thirty fourth time.

"How were they supposed to know that?" Dawn huffed once again rolling her eyes. "Parents are often close to their children and caring for them. I suppose the fae thought that you were the same."

"I doubt that." Oscar interrupted. "They came up to us after the children had stormed off in the restaurant we went to. They were rather friendly to us until we got here. " Dawn knew the summary of what happened there. She had been told by a sobbing Hazel over the phone. It only made her gaze grow harder as she glared at the space in front of her.

"We were obviously part of a plan to get to the children." Lorraine said as though she was the victim , as though she had been hurt much more than anyone else, even in the presence of people who are practically dying from lack of energy.

"Or a plan to get close to Hazel which would then get close to the children." Dawn suggested, as though it was the more obvious option tow hat had happened. "Either way what's done is done. The twins are in danger and Hazel is in hospital with some sort of incurable unrecognisable disease. Your job here is practically done. Why do they feel the need to keep being you?"

"How the heck should we know? This is the first we're hearing about the danger the children are in! We don't know what's happening, any of it." Oscar seemed a lot less dramatic than his wife, though his conversation was stil rather unpleasant. it was a little difficult to distinguish what exactly it was which irked Dawn about it but she didn't' want to pay it much thought.

"I'll tell you what's happening." She started to explain, she figured that she may as well let them know what she knew, they have a chance to be there a while. "Though i've noticed that they like to talk out loud, so perhaps you know more than you let on." She would have added 'if you could hear them over the sound of your bloody voice' but she thought it'd be a little too much.