chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dawn was scared, she knew that they were coming for her. She didn't know how she knew but she had the feeling that she would have unwelcome guests at her home. It caused her to light incense in every room and to burn sage and to put salt in each corner of the house. She was scared of intruders with bad intentions.

"Why are you doing this grandma?" Devin asked as she entered the room holding two big and tall black crystals. They were extremely heavy for what they were, surprisingly heavy. Her grandmother had taught her all about the crystals in ehr collection but all the information had eventually jumbled all together into one big mass of confusion.

"She wants to keep something bad out." Eden paid a lot of attention to her grandmother's utterings and lectures. She preferred to focus ont he crystal colour instead of the type, then it got a bit too complicated for her. "Black means that it absorbs negative energy, so that the house stays cleansed and positive"

"Well done eden! You have been listening." Dawn took one crystal from Devin's arms and placed it by the front door, then taking another and putting it by the back door. "Something is coming and i want to be prepared."

"For what though? What's coming?" Devin didn't understand ehr grandmother sometimes, her antics were rather confusing. "If it's so bad then why are we staying here instead of leaving somewhere?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Because then they'll know we have something to hide." It was a shock for the cousins to see their grandmother act like this, the way that she had worded the sentence was extremely worrying. They were keeping a rather large secret, yes. Why would anyone come for them now? Dawn had known about the fae for many years now. So what had happened between then and now which would make it so much more dangerous?

"Has this got anything to do with what happened to hazel?" Eden's question caught Dawn off guard. So much so she had to put the crystal she was holding on the bench . She let out a rather large sigh before giving her granddaughters a sympathetic look.

"I am afraid so." She moved some of her hair out of her eyes with a frown "I'm afraid what happened to my friend was not a natural disease or poisoning. I'm frightened about what is to come." She thought that there was no use in lying to them, they always saw straight through her lies.

"Then what do you think happened?" The two girls spoke in unison. They were incredibly curious and worried for Hazel's sake. As well as for their new friends.They had finally found some people that they could get along with who are their age. They weren't about to let them get hurt.

"I think that there are some dark forces rising." Dawn said simply and proudly. She was proud that she knew more than other humans did, she was proud that she was trusted to hold the secrets of the fae. "I believe that Hazel was an unfortunate victim of some dark fae sorcery of some sort."

"Grams this isn't about magic." Devin tried to reason. "I do not think that hazel has been cursed or put under an enchantment." The comment caused Dawn to sigh once more. Though Dawn had to be truthful, she did word that rather incorrectly.

"I worded that wrong I admit but-" She was interrupted as there were three short sharp and sudden knocks on the front door. She stopped what she was doing with wide eyes. She looked to her grandchildren with a questioning look. Both Eden and Devin shrugged their shoulders. They knew that this was serious, their grandmother had never reacted this way to someone knocking on the door. Dawn closed her eyes and plastered on a smile. The two girls didn't expect anyone over, this had to be the unexpected visitor.

As she opened the door she could feel the negative energy radiating off the one in front. Though Dawn did recognise them. It was Devin and Eden's friend . They had briefly met before but what was concerning was the fact that the twins' parents were right behind them. It was extremely peculiar and after what Hazel had told Dawn they would not be welcome in the household.

"Oh hello!" Dawn held a tone of surprise to her voice and she didn't have to pretend. She was very surprised. "Can i help you dear?" She asked Alex, it would make sense for her to have a cold shoulder towards Lorraien and Oscar. There was no reason why she would be upset or ignorant towards Alex.

"Actually miss , yes I believe that you can." Alex's voice was somehow deep and rather creepy. Eden And Devin were stood in the middle of the stairs, Dawn had ushered them to go into their rooms. She was scared of the visitors. Now that she has seen who it was, she believed she had a right to be so worried.

"S-so do you need a phone or-" Dawn asked confused. she didn't know what help she would be. She was giving nervous glances towards Oscar and Lorraien every now and then. Her worry was evident, she hoped that they would think it was for a different reason other than the one it was.

"Actually we'd like to ask you a few questions." The way that Alex gestured towards the two who were with them was rather unsettling. The word 'we' was said with an almost knowing smile on their face. As though they knew she was uncomfortable by the presence of the other two adults. "It won't take but a few moments of your time." Alex looked like an evil sales person.

"I'm sorry dear but i-" Dawn was attempting to keep the three of them out by coming up with an excuse. Though she started to feel sleepy. She felt like the moment where you've been awake far too long, you were both energized and unable to move at the same time. So sleepy you can't stay awake yet you can't fall asleep. She knew there was something wrong.

The two cousins didn't know what to do, They knew who would be able to help them . With a silent nod to each other they headed back up the rest of the stairs, though Devin would still be able to see what was happening with her grandmother.

"Ah but i'm afraid we cannot do it here" Alex interrupted as they raised a hand. They were expecting much more protection or resistance from someone who knew about the fae. Perhaps they were wrong all along and Dawn knew nothing. It didn't really matter to them, human energy may not be good enough but it was some progress in their pursuit of power. "You must come with us."