chapter 7

Chapter 7

Emotions were high and everything was in the air. Nothing that the group knew was for certain. None of them knew of Nero's knowledge and power or it's extent. None of them knew what had happened when they were gone.

"There has to be something!" Nero raged as they looked around Hazel's home. Now that they were accompanied by the twins' parents it was much easier to get into places he couldn't . Bryan was extremely helpful with that, not that he knew he was.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Oscar asked his master. Brandon hated how his voice sounded and how his bones ached. He hated how he moved and thought. It was extremely annoying. Then he looked towards Lorraine and figured that Erin had it much worse.

"anything! " Nero threw an ornament off the table as they tore down a bookcase. "Anything at all to show what the heck they are doing, what they've figured out and how on earth they know what they've learnt." They were in an extremely bitter mood. The fae seem to keep vanishing. They kept losing the twins , and Nero didn't like that.

"What if they just have another fae?" Erin asked with Lorraine's voice."it would explain why-" She was interrupted by a book being thrown at her head. Unfortunately she was not as quick as she usually was and it hit her right in the back of the head. It only gave her more reasons' to curse Lorraine. She would have cursed Nero if she would be able to keep her head afterwards.

"Yes yes I know!" Nero shouted enraged. "We have been looking for years for stupid fae and if they managed to find one in only a few weeks i'll-" They had to take a deep breath as they clenched their fist, thinking about all the unfriendly things that he would do to the twins and their precious fae. "A fae would be no use to us. They are unable to produce a portal for creatures such as ourselves."

They were more annoyed that two humans had gotten further then why had, then at anything else. Though they did not have the ability to take their frustration out on the twins and therefore their servants were the next best option. How on earth could two humans have gotten further in a few weeks then they had in hundreds of years? The humans knew nothing of the fae before they had arrived, as far as Nero knew anyway, so where did they get their information from and how can they get their hands on it?

"I'm going to look in their room." Brandon said, He didn't want to deal with Nero's anger and thought it'd be best he'd duck out of the aim of fire. Nero brushed him off even though he had already left the room. He found the interior of the human home fascinating and uncomfortable. He was nto used to seeing something so small and yet so well put together. It seemed peacefula nd quiet.

The twins' room was something spectacular for Brandon, in comparison to where he lived anyway. He lived in the mansion not far from the park which was dusty , degraded and practically destroyed. He marvelled at the beautiful paintings on the walls and the many possessions which were scattered around the room. None of them were particularly interesting or useful for Nero ad so he moved on to Hazel's room.

He had the same experience with Hazel's room as well. It was a wonderful room and place to be in but there was nothing of use in there that he could see. He didnt' want to go downstairs empty handed.He didn't want to be punished because the humans didn't have anything interesting in their possession. Brandon was rather loyal to Nero though it was becoming a little bit too unfair.

They had been told that the lady knew about the fae . Bryan had told them that he overheard the conversation. Surely there would be something in her bedroom about them. There was nothing in sight. With a sigh Brandon headed downstairs , knowing his master would be displeased.

"well?"Nero's deep voice asked. It was unusually deep and it had been getting deeper and deeper over the past few weeks. Since they were draining more and more fae they had become more and more powerful. They loved the power that they had over the humans but before the twins had arrived, all they could do was use their measly illusion form. Though with the appearance of the fae in the human dimension, more and more fae have been causing noise. It was much easier to snatch them up.

"There's nothing in any of their priva-" Brandon was interrupted with a sharp pain . Nero had thrown a sharp piece of glass at his face which went straight through his cheek. He stopped talking and waited for his next instructions. He couldn't be bothered to deal with idle conversation.

"Are you sure that it was her, master?" Erin asked as she knelt by the bookshelf, looking through them all , page by page, making sure there were no secrets hidden. "The most interesting thing in here is about gardening." She showed them the gardening book which was in her hand before putting it back and standing up.

"Of course, there were only two old ladies in the conversation. We know nothing about Hazel Jewlson and the other one is Eden and Devin's friend" Nero shrugged their shoulders. Eden and Devin knew nothing about the situation. If they knew something then it would be much more obvious, Nero would have figured that out by now. They would have sensed the two being apprehensive.

"It wouldn't hurt to try." Brandon was nearly begging, he was losing his cool. "The cousins did leave our group after the twins arrived, maybe they were persuaded." He paused for dramatics. "Or maybe their grandmother told them something which scared them off."

Nero had crossed one leg over the other and looked out the window. They were the portrait of evil and darkness in that one pose. They had a menacing look in their eyes and a smirk which suggested they were plotting something. "You are correct." They nodded, they liked to give praise when it was due. "We must pay our old friends a visit."