chapter 8

Chapter 8

"What in the world happened here?" Kelso shrieked as she entered her grandmother's house. Everything was out of place or broken. It looked as though they were robbed but after some investigation there was nothing missing. Everything was broken.

"I told you I had a bad feeling about this." Sylvester muttered as he was hesitant to step foot over the threshold. It seemed like something had in fact been there. Something which wasn't welcome there. It felt wrong. It felt like something pure had been tainted, like a stain on a beautiful white dress. It felt like something had happened there which shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

"Someone's been here" Addamak confirmed what everyone was thinking. It was rather obvious to them all that someone had been there. The last time they had been in the house all seemed well. They hadn't been there since Hazel had been admitted to hospital, so they weren't sure when it happened.

"I'll go check upstairs-" Tyrell mumbled before rushing up the stairs, he was quickly followed by Landso, who mumbled something about protection in numbers. The rest of the group went into the living room, where more destruction awaited them.

Tyrell was surprised to see that Kelso and his' room was practically untouched. Things were out of place or moved but nothing was broken . "they were looking for something." He muttered to Landso as the two of them looked around.

"Nice paintings" Landso replied as he looked at the walls, it was rather peaceful there. He liked the messiness and the disorder of the room in comparison to his back home. It surprised him, he thought he was one who liked order, he supposed that it was the colour which made it pleasing for him.

"Nanna did it." Tyrell muttered as he looked through his drawers and the bookcase. He had done a lot of research on the fae, he had written many things down and hidden them in the many books which he owned. He looked at his laptop to see that it still asked for his password, he didn't know if dark fae could control technology but after some thought he figured that they could have gotten all the information that they needed from that if it were the case.

Landso looked around a little and nodded before going to the room across the hall. There was nothing which seemed unusual in there either. He wouldnt' know if things had been moved , he would leave that up to Tyrell. The human didn't seem extremely worried once he started to look around, Landso figured that was a positive thing.

Sylvester was stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking in the cupboard and keeping an ear out for Tyrell whilst everyone was picking up pieces of broken glass or wood in the living room. "Nanna really loved these..." Kelso said sadly as she held two halves of an ornament. "It's sad to see them go." Laylian walked over to her and looked at the pieces.

"I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out my love." Her voice was calm, sweet and reassuring. She knew for certain that they'd be able to replace it. Making it exact would take some work but they could do it

Kelso gave a small smile before putting the pisces in a small plastic bag, at least all the bits would be together. That's all they could do at the moment with all the broken pieces of trinkets. There were some bigger and more drastic pieces of damage to the room such as some holes in the walls and broken tables. They didn't really know what to do with them.

"Nothing seems like it's been taken." Tyrell said as he entered the room, followed by Sylvester and Landso. "Everything is out of place, but everything is here."

"So they were just looking for something?" Vansilla asked . "what could they possibly be afterhere?" Even though it was her first time really being there and looking around, it didn't seem like a place which held anything significant for the dark fae. It was all too light and pure.

"Well...this for starters" Sylvester held up his book which had all of his memories in. "though i took it with me when we ...well i take it with me wherever I go" He had a small blush on his face, he didn't want to sound too clingy about his book but the book was literally his entire life. "We have accumulated quite a bit of information about the fae and the prophecy. I suppose they'd hoped we had kept track of it."

"And have you?" Acheron looked at the humans skeptically. It was an entire new world to them, surely they had documented something about it somewhere. He did not doubt the human's abilities to keep secrets, hiding things is another ballgame.

"Yes i have- in the middle of books about knitting, crochet, scrapbooking and meditation." Tyrell almost sounded sarcastic. Kelso knew he was telling the truth because she had seen those books and the fact she had given some of her notes to put in the books. "None of them have been opened, the notes are still there."

The air was tense with silence after that. They were all picking broken fragments up on the floor and trying to make things look presentable. "Maybe this is why it was dark?" Kelso mumbled to herself as she looked around with a frown.

"What was that Kelso?" Addamak asked, having not heard what the girl had said. He sat down, it seemed that his bones and age caught up with him . He seemed rather jolly and alive the majority of the time which was why it was a somewhat saddening sight to see him so worn out.

"This place is our home." Her arms fell limply to her sides. "Darkness came into our home and our hearts. There's a presence of darkness and sadness here now." Her frown deepened as she thought about it. It would make sense, she had started to see this place as home and afterall the home is where the heart is.

"But there was a house there as well." Tyrell pointed out from where he was sat in the corner, picking up the CD's which had been knocked off the shelf. "Surely it would be that one, unless." He paused for a moment before a small smile came on his face and he turned towards his twin. "Ah i see what you mean."