chapter 10

Chapter 10

After a while of picking things up the teens had made a cup of tea and were discussing what they had to do in order to complete the prophecy. They figured that they should go back and see if the symbol had returned to normal. In the meantime thinking of the other symbols was all they could do.

"So the book...Surely that would have been sorted right? " Kelso asked the group as they looked through Sylvester's notes. They were much more discrete now, they couldn't tell if there was anyone eavesdropping on their conversations. Since they now knew the bad guys know where they live. "We found the prophecy and the story, surely that would be it."

"Perhaps we need to sacrifice it.."Acheron suggested as he sat with his elbows on his knees. It was an extremely odd sensation for his siblings to see him so focused and serious. "Like the needle, perhaps you have to drop the book in."

"yes but what about the heart?" questioned Tyrell "that changed without anything being sacrificed." He sounded incredibly unsure of his words. He felt like there had been something taken from him.There was nothing in the river or pond or acidic pool of mysterious water.

"Ah but there was something added." Addamak informed him, holding his index finger up to the air. "the darkness which had creeped into your house, your home and your heart caused the symbol to activate!" There was a moment of silence as he put his hand down. "I believe."

"Believing is powerful but it's not enough" Sylvester sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Though if i'm honest I agree with you. When the needle was sacrificed the symbol lit up and started to glow.The heart was full of darkness. It would make sense."

"S...so what do we have to-" Laylian was interrupted by Tyrell's phone pinging. It caused yet another dramatic silence as the twins looked at each other. It would make more sense for it to ping rather than ring. Pinging could suggest that his phone was running out of battery, even though it was plugged in so that was out of the question. It could also be their phone provider , which wouldn't be uncommon. The sound of the tone still didn't' give them any comfort.

As Tyrell left the room to get his phone there was some tenseness. The last time his phone rang it was terrible news . He was still so worried about his nanna, though he hoped the doctors would not send him incredibly ill news over a text message. Though as he re-entered the room the others could see that it was rather bad news .

Tyrell was pale and his hand was slightly shaking, he was re-reading the text over and over again. "Who is it?" Kelso had furrowed eyebrows and a concerned expression. It was obvious something was troubling her twin. "Ty."

"It's Devin...she said that Alex was at her grandmother's house" It seemed that the name alone made the atmosphere heavy. "But uh...so are our parents." He had a right to be worried, he was pretty sure that the two of them did not know their parents at all. He couldn't quite remember if they had met but he doubted it. There would be no reason for them to go and see Dawn, or for them to know of her existence, that was unless they knew that Dawn had information. Why would their parents be interested in anything to do with the fae? Unless Alex had done something.

Thoughts were swirling in their heads.Kelso had her head in her hands and groaned. "Nothing seems to make sense anymore." Laylian reached over and wrapped an arm around her, rubbing comforting circles on her shoulder . Though she must agree, nothing seemed to make any sense anymore.

"Oh my..." Addamak stroked his beard. "Did she say anything else?" Tyrell shook his head in denial. "Ah telly hem to keep quiet and out of the way, the last thing we want is for them to be in danger." He didn't know the girls too well , having only seen them for a few moments when Tyrell and Laylian had gone missing. They seemed like sensible people , only proven more by the text message. "Though you should try and ensure that it is them who you are talking to."

Tyrell nodded and sat back down next to Sylvester, who silently watched over his shoulder . He had an awful feeling in his stomach. From what he had heard the twins' parents were not at all good people. They caused the twins so much pain and sadness. Yet surely they would not willingly be on the side of the dark fae, a side which focused upon controlling and enslaving humans for their own power.

"So...the evil one is at your friend's grandmother's house?" Vansilla was struggling to keep up slightly, she had been told all these names and laces but she couldn't quite keep track of them all. "Are we heading over there then?" She felt like a child , again. She didn't often like it when she had to rely on other people to make big decisions. She blamed that on not liking big decisions in general actually.

"They're a little scared to go downstairs right now, they're listening in" Tyrell informed as he read his phone. He hated the fact that he felt as though he was the one who dragged them into the mess in the first place. He knew that Dawn knew about the fae for many many years, telling the tales to her grandchildren. He couldn't help the feeling that he and Kelso were the reason for everyone being hurt, due to the darn prophecy.

"I don't blame them." Sylvester mumbled into Tyrell's shoulder. "I'd be terrified. But i'm glad they got in touch with you." Half the people in the room nodded with them, the other half in the room made no comment, that was the half who haven't actually met Nero before. The royals and the male Caileafaq's didn't exactly know what they were getting themselves into with the dark fae, Sylvester being the only one that they knew.

"We'll just need to find out what they want if they're still able to communicate after their unwelcome visitor."