Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Bryan walked down the streets with his hands in his pockets. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. He was constantly looking over his shoulder , even though he knew exactly who it was. He wasn't really told much of the plan, the only thing he was told was where he was and that he should go on living his day.

The three who were following him were keeping a rather close eye out for anything suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary. Things were going as they had planned. Bryan didn't really understand anything which was going on, no matter how hard he tried to understand. It seemed that he had been rather affected by what happened. His memory seemed to have more holes in it then a sponge did. Sylvester didnt want to sound mean when he even thought about it, but he was frustrated and it was true. Bryan's memory was not a reliable resource for them.

They weren't exactly sure if the fae knew about Addamak, or Adam. He had been taking up the disguise of the taxi man for so many years undisturbed. Yet clearly they had known about Demi for quite a while. It made them all question what information the dark fae had. They were tired of running in circles. Attempting to find the information which Nero had and then something goes wrong and they find out Nero had much more of an upper-hand. So they had hopes that this plan would lead them to where they need to be.

They were getting to familiar territory for them all, the main streets. Bryan seemed a lot more confident as he walked through the places he was comfortable with, the places that he knows that he's safe.

"He's speeding up." Demi noted as she watched from out the back window of the taxi. She refused to sit in the passenger seat next to Addamak, and Sylvester wanted to be near the front in case anything bad happened. He would be able to see better from where he was sitting and could spot any oncoming dangers from the front and the left of the car.

"Thank you captain obvious." Addamak muttered as he kept his attention on the road. Even though he was a rather skilled driver, he still stuck to the rules of the humans when it comes to never taking his eyes off the road, he could practically make the car drive itself. Yet he still preferred to do it normally and manually like every other human would.

"Nobody cares sargent sarcastic." Demi muttered back, It made Sylvester's stomach drop a little bit. He was trying to save his dearest friends with two adult sized children. Not just any adult sized children but two who did not like each other what-so-ever and they would much rather focus on that then actually finding their friends. Sylvester knew that was wrong but he didn't really care. He wanted reassurance that his friends would be found,

"Please just watch what he's doing." Sylvester said calmly as he tried his best to watch the boy out of Addamakc's window. He was starting to get rather panicked. Perhaps this was a false lead and they weren't going to find anything new. Perhaps this was all a waste of time and nothing they were going to do could help his friends. His friends could all be lost forever. Sylvester felt like he would know if that happened for certain.

"He's just walking quicker and quicker at the moment." Demi muttered as she watched him carefully. She wondered when she was suddenly a part of this group."he's rounding the corner, he's crossing the road. I'm sorry but why are we doing this again?" Addamak sighed at the wheel but responded to her question, even though they had gone through it several times.

"Bryan was a part of Nero's group. He was controlled by them to presumably get information or to do the dirty work. For example activating the thing or swapping the thing which caused the others to vanish or disappear or be teleported."None of what Addamak was saying answered Demi's question but she decided to ignore it and focus on Bryan.

"So we're seeing if he takes us to them? Or are we just...following him to see if he has more information?" Demi muttered to herself, not expecting any sort of reply from the two of them. Sylvester had given a slight nod in response and perked up a little bit.

"Wait...is that?" Sylvester was looking out his window . There weren't' many people on the streets other than the occasional runner. So when someone started to head in Bryan's direction at a rather brisk pace. "Oh gosh that's lorraine..." He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before his eyes widened. "Oh no no no it's not." He shook his head in doubt and astonishment. He should've known that Nero would do something like that.

"Whose Lorraine?" Demi asked in confusion as she watched the older woman catch up with Bryan. She seemed to be talking to him rather casually. It did not look like anyone she had seen before, but once again she didn't venture much. She couldn't tell if Lorriane's behaviour was normal or not.

"It's the twins' mother." Sylvester's eyes were still narrowed and he hadn't moved his gaze from the imposter since he had figured out their true identity. "Well that's not...she's either controlled to do that or is a dark fae pretending to be her." Sylvester was shrinking in his seat as he spoke. He would be noticed and he would be recognised if Lorraine turned in their direction. "This could've been a trap."

Demi started to shrink backwards as well. Demi knows that the dark fae were aware of her existence now. None of them were really safe. "What took you so long?" Lorraine's voice travelled rather well , she was extremely loud. Bryan looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean? What was I supposed to do? What are you talking about?" Bryan blinked the sun away as he rubbed his eyes and looked towards Erin. They had stopped walking when Lorraine and Bryan met.

"Did you bring me the dark fae?"