Chapter 25

Chapter 25

They were led further down the road, even though their surroundings never really changed they could feel some sort of difference in the air. The doors were still boarded up and you couldn't look into the houses. It felt more like the neighbourhood was being built rather than torn down and abandoned. There seemed to be more hope in the place then there was despair, unlike how they felt when they were around the corner.

They walked in slight silence, the wind made noise as it made signs creak and rubbish crawl across the floor. Other than that there was very little talking. Everyone was keeping an ear out for any disturbances or anything alarming. The humans were trying to look for anything out of the ordinary but they didn't really know what ordinary was anymore. Everything about this situation was out of the ordinary.

After about five minutes of walking in total silence they had came to a small opening, this seemed to lead to a field of sorts. Kelso and Tyrell were used to seeing things like this, there was one along the street from their cousin's house and not too far away from Hazel's home. It was practically down the road.

"Last time we went through one of these we were chased." Tyrell said plainly as he looked towards the opening. Kelso nodded hesitantly and sighed, she remembered that oh too well. This comment led to a lot of strange looks from the rest of the group as they continued to move forward.

"Well I can assure you nobody will get chased in here" Demitria said with a smile and continued to lead the way. "I'm sure that you heard earlier, I'm Demitria, most humans call me Demi...it's just easier." She felt a little rude for not saying that earlier but she was a little distracted and now there are more important matters to address.

"I'm Tyrell." "I'm Kelso." The twins said in unison before giving each other half smiles. Whenever they talked at the same time it made them each feel like their connection and train of thought were the closest. They were very close siblings, but it was special when they spoke at the same time. Demi seemed to chuckle at their antics, not finding it at all creepy.

"Lovely to meet you, Dawn talked about you a lot." The twins raised their eyebrows, that meant that they must have spoken pretty recently then. The twins couldn't exactly figure out why Dawn would talk about them. "Speaking of Dawn talking about people a lot." They were slowly coming to a small house, surrounded by trees. "I'm assuming something happened for you all to be here."

"Yes." Devin said as she continued to follow Demi. "Grams was taken a few days ago. The uh-they came to her house and well practically just kidnapped her on the doorstep." She was a little shaky, but she knew it was her who had to answer this for some reason. She felt like she had to explain the story, she was there and she had explained it a few times. "We found some of your stuff in her room...we wondered if you knew anything we didn't."

"Well i'm sure i know a lot you don't, no offense." Demi unlocked the door to the cottage and motioned for the others to follow, inside was much bigger than the outside, it seemed a lot more open then the group were expecting. "I mean when it comes to the fae world, I'm sure that Adam here hasn't said much." She gave a scolding look to Adam. "But firstly, who else do i have the pleasure of welcoming to my home?" She had turned back towards the group as they found themselves in a sort of living room.

The room was cosy, with brown walls and leather settees, there was a big fire on one side of the room and a bookshelf on the other. It seemed that Demi and Addamak had a similar sense of interior design, the cottages seemed very similar. Yet Demi's seemed a lot more taken care of. A large reason for that was probably the fact she was still living inside it, whereas Addamak had been living in the human dimension for many years.

"Vansilla Rayscor miss." Vansilla stepped forward wit a smile and a wave. Demi seemed surprised as she looked the young girl up and down. She was not expecting a Rayscor to be there, let alone there be a decent one within the bunch. Demi gave her a small approving nod , which seemed to be enough for Vansilla.

Demi had turned to the two boys next. "Miss, we're Landso and Acheron Caileafaq" Landso stated somewhat proudly.Demi's eyes moved from Acheron to Landso and then Addamak . A knowing glint came to ehr eye.

"I can see that completely. You two remind me of Addamak and Addafor when they were younger." The two boys looked at each other and shuddered, thinking that they were like their father and his brother was not something that they liked the thought of. Even if it was rather obvious. "Right then...tell me everything that happened."

All of the group were situated in different parts of the room. Devin and Eden sat on a settee, next to Addamak who needed to sit during the conversation. Kelso and Laylian sat on the floor whilst Sylvester and Tyrell leaned against the wall for support. Vansilla, Acheron and Landso had each grabbed a chair from the kitchen and were stationed in a corner, opposite them being Demi, who sat in a very comfortable looking arm chair.

"I feel like you know everything really..." Eden trailed off nervously. "The dark fae came to Grandma's house and took her, we think for information.We...we were wondering if you had told her anything which could really....well, be useful to the dark fae."

"Your grandmother knows a lot. Too much for her own good." Demi sighed as she looked towards the floor in thought. "I'm not sure how much she has told you but...I'll let you know all i've told her anyway. Whether i'm the only fae she knows is highly up for debate too" The last sentence made all their faces go slightly pale. The very idea that they would have to go searching for someone else gave them a bad feeling.

"Here we go."