chapter 5

Chapter 5

It was somewhat back to normal. They'd had their night of relaxation and now it was time to work again. The twins were much more determined if that were even possible. They now had personal issues with Nero. Nero was going down, whether or not the twins went with them...was another story.

They were woken early in the morning so that they could sneak out of the castle. Laylian's parents did not want the royals to know that their daughter had returned. After last time , Laidra didn't want to mention her daughter again to someone she once considered a close friend.

"Are you sure you can't come with us?" Landso asked as Laidra and Addafor stood in the doorway. Landso was extremely hopeful ,He knew logically they would not be able to go and he was quite a big fan of logic. This time he wished it was on his side.

"Oh dear you know we can't." Laidra walked forward and pulled him in for a rather awkward hug. She was trying, that was clear to her children. She then went on to hug everyone in the group. It got more and more awkward with each person she hugged. None of them would say it wasn't appreciated though. A hug was nice. Of course she skipped over Addamak who huffed in response.

"We'll be home soon." Laylian promised for all of them. They had to come back often, to make sure the younger pens kept up the appearance of still being there. "Do let us knwo fi they get suspicious, Mother." Laidra cupped her daughter's cheek.

"Oh how grown up you sound!" Laidra was upset that she was just now noticing these things. She was so focused on raising children who would be good advisors, she had forgotten to watch them grow. "I'll be sure to let you know at my earliest suspicion."

"Or i will." Addafor promised. "I highly doubt your mother would be spending much time with them over the next few days." He got a nod of agreement from his wife which caused him to smile and wrap his arm around her waist as he gazed over the children. "Addamak if anything happens to any one of these children you will be responsible"

It sounded very much like a threat as it was intended to sound like one. Though Addamak brushed it off with a nod of his head and a soft smile. "If anything touches them there would not be anything left of me to hurt dear brother." He was well aware of the fact the children were extremely protective of each other. He found it rather intimidating some times. These are dark times that they are in. "Alright." with another nod he created the portal.

Acheron and Vansilla went first. Acheron found it difficult to say goodbye to his parents. He knew he'd be back and he would see them again, he just didn't like saying goodbye. Vanilla was a little upset because her parents didn't even know she was going. She couldn't say goodbye to them because they'd expect her to still be in the library studying every book.

They were followed by Sylvester and Tyrell, who felt incredibly awkward and out of place. Neither of them felt like they belonged in the castle. Sylvester knew he would probably be killed on sight if anyone else would have seen him whilst Tyrell would be stared at and judged. After the last time he was happy to leave.

Landso went next. He wanted to stay and read, he wanted to be with his parents and prove his intelligence and worthiness. He knew that there were bigger and more important things that he had to do beforehand. He had to let his personal passions and goals be set aside whilst he focused on helping the twins.

Kelso went ahead of Laylian , who held back a few moments before looking at her parents. "I love you. See you soon." She was about to head through the portal before Laidra spoke up.

"Laylian." Laylian paused and looked back. Laidra revelled in how grown up and beautiful her daughter was, she still held innocence in her eyes and youth in her face. She was still her little girl. "I'm - we're proud of you. Of all of you and we love you." Addafor made a noise of agreement.

Laylian smiled and nodded, blowing a kiss before she left. All who were left in the room were Addamak , Addafor and Laidra. "You raised them well..." Addamak trailed off. He was proud of his niece and nephews. He was ashamed he wasn't there to hit some sense into his brother sooner. "Although it could have been better."

Laidra scoffed at the judgement. "We were blind and i can only hope that one day they forgive us." The regret was clear for all to see. She had fallen in with her friend's parenting techniques without holding her own beliefs.

"They will in time." Addamak cleared his throat before looking around awkwardly. "Although they seem to have a bit of us in them." He didn't need to add any more detail onto the statement, Landso and Acheron were the near double of Addamak and Addafor. Laidra chuckled.

"You Can't blame them, she is rather beautiful and charming." her voice lowered a little bit. "My money is on Landso." Her husband was about to protest . They had discussed this many times before , in private of course. If the rulers found out they even considered Vansilla marrying someone who was not of royal blood they'd no longer have a head.

"I must be off" Addamak said awkwardly before moving directly in front of them. "I'll make sure they are safe." They each bowed in respect before Addamak left. The portal disappearing with him.

"Do you trust him?" Addafor asked his wife as they still watched the spot where the portal used to be. He didn't know what to think about the situation ith his brother. They may have joked but they still held bitter feelings.

"Hmm perhaps." Laidra turned to look at her husband with adoration. "I'm sure our children will keep him inline."She placed a kiss to her husband's cheek before grabbing his hand and sighing. "Let us go back to our duties for now, we can make sure they're alright this afternoon."