chapter 18

Chapter 18

"I can't believe it." Acheron slumped down in his seat. "Out of everything which could have happened we get shipped off." They were back in the fae's house. They were closer to the place there than they were at Addamak's home.

"We haven't been shipped." Landso nudged his brother's shoulder. "We're not packages" He tried his best to sound somewhat cheerful and scolding his brother but he also felt the same way. After all these years of his parents not showing them much affection at all, it was shattering to finally be sent away. Even if it was for their own health.

"It'll be sorted soon. Like our mother said. The rulers will have to stand down...then we'll see what happens." Laylian looked towards Vansilla with a smile on her face. She was a little hesitant, talking about their future roles within the society has always been a rough and rather heavy-hearted conversation. "I don't think that anything will go the way we expect. It has not been the year for that." She tried to put some optimism and joy into her voice. It wasn't very convincing.

"The future is never certain." Tyrell added as he had his elbows on his knees and clasped his hands together. It was a rather sad and emotional day for them all. They were either emotionally exhausted or had heavy feelings of rejection. They were either wallowing in pity and sadness or doing that whilst trying to pretend they're not.

"Yeah." Kelso was sat on the floor in front of the fire, one of her favourite places since she started to come to the house, "we would have never thought in our wildest dreams that we would have been here four months ago." The sentence made her realize how long they'd been living with Hazel for. It hadn't been long at all for her. It seemed like only a few weeks ago.

"Oh i bed that you couldn't" Vansilla gave a somewhat cheeky smile. It was her coping mechanism, joke through the pain. It has worked for quite a while, practically her whole life . It was the main reason she was the comedian of the group. She often found ways to joke and make light of the conversation. "If you could have i would suggest becoming an author" It caused a few chuckles to erupt from around the room.

"Ah that's extremely tempting." Kelso played along. "Not sure if my handwriting would do me much good in the field though. I'm sure i'd be able to do the symbols fine, all the letters would look more like them." That also made the atmosphere somewhat lighter. It was nice, to have more people to joke with, to have more opinions and people to interact with rather then the same two people.

"With your hand writing? I believe you." Tyrell continued the joke. He had taken notice that Sylvester hadn't made much of a noise, or attempted to interact and join in the humorous conversation. He made yet another mental note that they had to speak soon. They had to make some time to talk alone, because it was really concerning Tyrell.

Eden and Devin were sat huddled together, trying to take comfort from being with the other. It felt like all they could do was wait for the moment someone got a genius idea. Or wait for the moment when the other characters in the game called life do something in order to trigger an event. It was becoming a waiting game which they were not fond of.

Silence took over the room. It was heavy and it was cold. Eden had enough of it and she stood up. "I can't take this. We have to do something. We can't wait for things to happen." She sounded determined and tired. It was understandable, they all were tired. She was speaking what they were all thinking.

"What else are we supposed to do Eden? The place seems to activate whenever we do something or when something happens. We have no clue how random it is. We have very little clue what triggers it. If you have an idea then please share." Landso was a little more than fed up, he had said what most people were thinking anyway.

"We can go back to our house, look around. See if there's anything important or informative there." Devin hit her knee and stood up, she was ready to go. "Grams knew about the fae and she knew about the prophecy. She said it was due to a friend but she has a rather bad memory. Surely she must have written it down somewhere."

"It couldn't hurt." Tyrell encouraged as he too stood up. "We can all go." He nodded to them all with a somewhat demanding look. "We don't all have to go in. just a few of us. It'll be quicker that way." Kelso smiled at her twin's bravery and wanting to take charge of the situation. He was trying to support his new friends, something which he didn't have the opportunity to do often.

"I agree." Kelso stood up and ran a free hand through her hair with a small smile. "It's better if we stick together we shouldn't split up, we're stronger in numbers." She nodded with each sentence and determination was strong. It had been decided. Addamak seemed to be surprised, though he knew the humans well, he didn't expect them to take such a charge.

"Alright then." Addamak stood up and grabbed his keys. "All aboard." He said with a chuckle. The others who didn't have much of a say in the situation just followed silently. They were stuck in the human dimension , they only knew these people. As Kelso said they were better in numbers. Their best chance would be to stay with each other.

The ride was full of questions. The fae were asking the humans and those familiar what things were on the street. They didn't get out at all in their own dimension, most of the things they would have also seen there. It didn't take long to get to Dawn's house, even though they'd been there before they were able to have a good look at it. It was rather wondrous.