Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Well...that didn't really tell us anything." Landso placed his head in his hands as he spoke. He was fed up of not finding any new leads, they all were. ""Have we just got all the information we need? What if that's all the story?"" He questioned to nobody because nobody really had the answers.

"I'm sorry if I haven't given you the answers you're looking for." Demi said sadly and softly. "Perhaps you do have the answers, right in front of you. Yet you do not know how to use them." Her comforting tone was not enough to calm some of the party, they were all somewhat agitated.

"It feels like for the past few days wll we've done is search for books, search for answers. We got them everywhere we looked and we created the entire background to whatever this situation is but...we haven't actually done anything." Vansila huffed and crossed her arms. In her head she was pleading for an answer.

"If it helps, My parents were close to Neireith...I knew him rather well as a child." This once again raised some questions about Demi's age. "He would not do you wrong, as long as you have pure intentions." Demi smiled in remembrance of her old friend.

"Well then why haven't we got the answers?" Tyrell asked somewhat bluntly. "All we want to do is protect both sides from Nero ...preferably simultaneously creating harmony between the dimensions, but that might be a bit of a stretch...I don't think we're doing anything wrong or bad."

Acheron snorted "ha with Van's parents in charge I highly doubt that would happen." He was able to say stuff like that now, it made him feel so free. He knew that his friend and siblings would agree with him, even if they were unused to speaking so freely about this.

"I can second that." Tyrell nodded towards Acheron with a frown. "But it'd be a nice idea." He shrugged, a frown still firm on his face. "But what can we do? We've gotten some of the things, whatever they are-"

"Addamak, can I speak to you for a moment?" Demi said abruptly. She looked uncomfortable and nervous. She scratched her wrist and looked towards the older man like he had no say in the matter whatsoever. "Just for a moment." She gave the rest of the group a weak smile before she headed out the door.

"Well of course Demitria dear." Addamak said almost sarcastically as he rose from his seat and looked every person in the eye. They were each a little startled from the abrupt interruption and exit. "We won't be far...chances are she's leaning against the wall-"

"I can hear you!" They heard Demi shout from just behind the fireplace which Sylvester and Tyrell were leaning against. It caused a few chuckles from around the group as the two boys jumped slightly away from the wall.

"I know you can." Addamak said in the same voice he was using earlier. "Now there's proof that we will be able to keep an ear on you...feel free to chat amongst yourselves , don't listen in. we'll be able to tell if you do." He chuckled before exiting out the back door, tripping over the mat slightly, Demi must have been able to see because the group heard a rather loud laugh and some grumbles.

The group were left to sit in a somewhat awkward silence, most of them didn't know enough about the others to make conversation. They were all pondering over different thoughts and ideas. Though they were all along similar lines, they were all questioning what they are going to do next.

When Addamak got outside he turned to Demi, all humour had left his eyes as he looked at her with the same stern stare she was giving him. "No." He said almost immediately after seeing her expression. Her arms fell to her sides since they had previously been crossed.

"Bu-"

"No. We're not telling them" Addamak said firmly as he pointed a demanding finger at her. "This is already so hopeless as it is without telling them that there is actually no hope. That would be like asking someone to shine a light without giving them a torch." His voice was quiet, he wanted to be able to hear if anyone moved within the house.

"So instead you give them one with a dead battery?" Demi challenged. "You're giving them false hope. Nothing is going to get done as long as those two stuck-up , hideous,cruel-" Demi would have went on forever if Addamak didn't interrupt her.

"There is hope. There is always hope. Something must be able to affect them." Addamak seemed like he was begging at this point. It was true that the Raysor's were not kind people, in fact that was an understatement. Demi and Addamak knew this , only one had accepted the fact.

"They would much rather support Nero if it would help them rule for longer. You know this, why don't you get it into your head? They are not kind people, nor will they ever be." Demi gritted her teeth and clenched her fists in anger. "We have to let them know that there is no hoe of harmony."

Addamak would not let any of her words sink in as he ran a hand down his face. "Alright. Leave it to me." He would have turned around and started to walk away, he never liked fights or confrontation. Demi did not see any sincerity in his face, Demi reached over and grabbed his arm, causing him to dramatically turn around with a questioning look on his face.

"Tell them before they find out the hard way." Demi seemed to almost threaten Addamak. She knew that it would happen sooner or later, they would find out that something was wrong. They would find out that their mission had no further steps. They had hit a dead end. "It's only going to get worse from here, we've tried for years-"

"But we didn't have them for years!" Addamak exclaimed and pointed back inside the house, if anyone was paying attention inside they would have been able to hear him. "They're the answer, they've come this far. It's started to work, we just have to continue. The prophecy-"

He was cut off by several screams. The two of them had frozen in shock and started to head back towards the house, meeting a dark-eyed Sylvester in the doorway, glaring daggers at Demi. "What the hell?" He growled threateningly.