Chapter 6 (Year 1)

Theodora's POV

"How could I be so stupid! I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." I heard Granger say, as I turned the corner, poking my head out of from the bookshelves. Granger flipped through a rather enormous book, with Draco, Weasley, and Potter right next to her.

"This is light?" Weasley asked. She glared at Weasley as she flipped through the pages.

"Of course! Here it is! Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!" she whispered. I moved closer, trying to hear better.

The Sorcerer's stone?

"The what?" The three boys asked,

"Oh honestly! Don't you three read?" She snapped,

"'The Sorcerer's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will transform any metal into pure gold ' and produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.' "Granger explained,

"Immortal," Weasley said,

"It means you'll never die," Draco whispered,

"I know what it means." Weasley snapped,

"'The only Stone currently in existence belongs to 'Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday.' That's what Fluffy's guarding on the Third Floor. That's what's under the trapdoor. The Sorcerer's Stone!" Granger whispered,

"So Flamel knows someone's after the Stone gives it to Dumbledore to keep safe at Hogwarts... not realizing that the one who's after it," Potter said,

"Teaches at Hogwarts." Draco finished,

"So Snape wants piles of gold and to live forever. Who wouldn't?" Weasley asked as Granger shuts the book.

"What is it, Hermione?" Harry asked,

"I don't want to scare you, Harry. It's just... if all Snape wants is the Sorcerer's Stone... why did he try to kill you that day on the Quidditch pitch?" Potter stared at her, unable to answer before she took the book back, and they walked out of the library.

What are you doing, Draco?

---

Where are they going?

I thought, watching from the third-floor window, as Draco, Potter, Weasley, and Granger all ran to Hagrid's hut.

Before I knew what I was doing, I walked down the steps from the third floor, trying hard not to be seen by Peeves, Professors, or anyone else walking through the halls.

---

Hagrid's hut was rather too large in my opinion, as I stood on a wooden crate that wobbled a little as I stood on it, peering into the window. Hagrid, Weasley, Potter, Granger, and Draco sat around a circular table, all looking a little anxious.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid. How did you ever get one?" Weasley asked,

"Won it. Off a stranger in the village. Think he was glad to be rid of it, ter, be honest. Blimey..." Hagrid said. Before he stood up, and grabbed something out of the kettle, he puts the egg on the table. For a second nothing happens, before the egg explodes, and they all duck, covering their faces. Then a dragon pear's out of the egg and crawls out of it.

"Is that a dragon?" Granger asked,

"That's not just a dragon! That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania!" Weasley said.