Chapter 35 (Year 4)

Draco's POV

I wish I could have stayed at the party, but seeing the look on Ron's face made me follow him upstairs to our dorm.

"Did you know he put his name in?" Ron asked. Sinking into his bed, I shook my head, sitting down on my own bed.

"No. But Ron he told us he didn't. I don't think he did." I said, thinking about the confused expression on Harry's face after his name was called.

"He told us he wanted to," Ron said angrily. I signed. There was no way I could convince now, seeing how angry he was.

"Ron, we all did."

"You didn't! Your name wasn't called out, was it?" Ron asked. I shrugged,

"I don't need any fame or glory."

"That's because you already have it." Ron spat.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked, a little taken aback.

"I mean, that you're a... Malfoy! Everyone knows your names! You have house-elves! You have enough money for your entire family to never work in your life again." Ron yelled. He took a deep breath in for a couple of seconds.

"Sorry, you know I didn't mean it." He muttered. I nodded.

"It's alright." The dormitory door opened, and Harry walked in with a Gryffindor flag tied around his shoulders.

"Where've you two been?" Harry asked. Ron sat up, forcing a smile onto his face.

"Oh, hello." Harry struggled to remove the flag as Ron laid back down.

"So... Congratulations." Ron muttered. Harry looked between the two of us.

"What do you mean congratulations?"

"Well... no one else got across the Age Line. Not even Fred and George. What did you use - the Invisibility Cloak?" Ron asked, Harry, looked taken aback.

"The invisibility cloak, wouldn't have gotten across," I whispered. Ron nodded.

"Oh right, because if it did, I thought Harry would have told us. The cloak can cover both of us. But you found another way around it." Ron explained.

"Listen, I didn't put my name in that goblet. Someone else must've done it." Harry said,

"What would they do that for?" I asked Harry, shrugged.

"I dunno. To kill me, probably." Harry answered. Ron raised his eyebrows, shocked.

"It's okay, you know, you can tell us the truth. If you don't want everyone else to know, fine, but I don't know why you're bothering to lie, you didn't get into trouble for it, did you? That friend of the Fat Lady's, that Violet, she's already told us all Dumbledore's letting you enter. A thousand Galleons prize money, eh? And you don't have to do end-of-year tests either..."

"I didn't put my name in the goblet!" Harry yelled, getting angrier.

"Yeah, okay. Only you said this morning you'd have done it last night, and no one would've seen you... I'm not stupid, you know." Ron yelled back.

"You're doing a really good impression of it," Harry snapped.

"Yeah! You want to go to bed, Harry. I expect you'll need to be up and early tomorrow for a photoshoot or something!" Ron yelled. He shut the curtains. Harry looked at me. I shrugged, not sure if I should smile or not.

"I know you didn't," I whispered, low enough for Ron not to hear, and Harry looked more relieved.

---