Chapter 76 (Year 6)

Draco's POV-

"Wait, so Snape was offering to help her? He was definitely offering to help her?" Ron asked as we sat in my room during Christmas break. We had gone back to my manor, and we waiting for the house-elves to finish dinner.

"If you ask that once more, I'm going to stick —" I huffed.

"I'm only checking!" Ron said quickly.

"Yes, Snape was offering to help her! He said he'd promised Jones, mother, to protect her, that he'd made an Unbreakable Oath or something —"

"An Unbreakable Vow?" Ron asked, looking stunned.

"Nah, he can't have... Are you sure?" I asked,

"Yes, I'm sure. Why, what does it mean?" Harry asked.

"Well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow..." Ron started.

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?"

"You die," I stated simply.

"Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too. I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental. The only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum, Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since." Ron explained.

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock —" Fred and George both poked their heads in, confused.

"I beg your pardon?" Fred said,

"I knew I should have locked the door." I huffed, shaking my head at them.

"He's cranky, isn't he?" Fred asked. I glared at him.

"A bit moody, ain't he?" George said.

"It's from his breakup," Ron whispered.

"Ron!" I snapped, throwing a pillow at him.

"Oh! Who's the unlucky girl?" Fred asked,

"Unlucky!"

"Jones," Harry said,

"I hate both of you," I said,

"It's already out there, accept it."

"HA! FRED PAY UP!"

"Pay up? Wait, when did you start dating?" Fred asked, shaking George away.

"Fifth year," I muttered angrily.

"HA!" George said, again. Fred groaned and took out five galleons and handed them to George.

"I don't like that you two are placing bets on my dating life," I said.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself. We have one on Ron too."

"Hey!" Ron yelled at Fred.

"You need to hurry up and get with Hermione already so I could win my bet, Ron," George said. Fred smirked.

"Wait-Ginny said that he was going out with some girl named Lavender brown?" Fred said, smirking.

"Mind your own business!" Ron shouted at them.

"What a snappy retort, I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was... how did it happen?" Fred asked.

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage?"