Chapter 37 (Year 4)

Draco's POV

"The Yule Ball," Professor McGonagall said, standing in front of the empty classroom. She had separated the class into two sides, one for the boys and one for the girls.

"Is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish- "Some of the girls started giggling, making McGonagall glare at them. They hushed down quickly.

"Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - let our hair down. But that does NOT mean that we will be relaxing, the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way." She explained, before taking a deep breath.

"Now, Mr. Ronald Weasley, if you'll just come up here."

"What!" Ron yelled,

"Come up here,"

"No, I heard what you said, but why?" Lavender Brown and some other girls started giggling.

"Mr. Weasley I won't ask again." Ron, with an embarrassed huff, stood up and walked over to McGonagall.

"Now, girl's put your arm on the boy's shoulder," McGonagall put her hand on Ron's shoulder.

"Then you lace your fingers together." She grabbed Ron's hand and laced their fingers together.

"Now, Mr. Weasley, put your hand on my waist."

"ON YOUR WHAT?" Ron yelled.

"On my waist." She grabbed his hand and placed it on her waist. The twins whistle, making Ron try to pull away from Professor McGonagall. She grabbed him and put his hands back on her.

"That's right, extend your arm ... and, Mr. Filch, if you would," Filch started the music. The boys are all chuckling as we watch them start.

"And...one...two,"

"Never going to let him live this down, will you?" Harry asked the twins.

"Never!" They both said,

"Now, everyone start pairing up!" Professor McGonagall says as the music stops. I run over to Hermione.

"Hermione! Will you please dance with me?" I asked nervously. She shrugs,

"Yes, I'll dance with you," Hermione said. I breathed out, relieved. Harry and Ron, who stayed by their seats until everyone paired off, looked relieved.

"Potter, Weasley, you'll just have to dance together." Professor McGonagall smirked,

"What! No!"

"Everyone else is paired up. Go now." She walked away from them. They glared at each other.

"You be the girl," Ron said, pointing at Harry.

"Why am I the girl?" Harry asked,

"Your shorter than I am!"

"I don't want your hand on my waist!" Harry crossed his arms over his chest.

"You think I want to put it on your waist!" Ron shot back.

"Well, you want me to be the girl, don't you!"

"Shut up and start dancing with me!"

"That's very ungentle men like, as the girl here, you need to get your attitude together, before the dance." Harry grinned, Ron glared at him.