Chapter 42 (Year 4)

Draco's POV

It was March, and I still had no clue how to go on a date with Dora. I had wanted somewhere to hide from my friends, but they're never seemed to have a chance to.

We sat at breakfast when the post finally arrived; I ripped open the box of chocolates Mum had given me, happily, and reading her brief letter, before glancing at Harry's from Sirius.

Be at stile at end of road out of Hogsmeade (past Dervish and Banges) at two o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can.

"This Saturday?" I asked Harry nodded.

"He hasn't come back to Hogsmeade, has he?" Ron asked.

"It look's like it, doesn't it?" Hermione said,

"I can't believe if he's caught..."

"Made it so far, though, hasn't he? And it's not like the place is swarming with dementors anymore." Harry said, but I wasn't listening anymore. Finally, I had my shot.

---

"Hey, Granger! Catch!" Dora yelled, throwing a witch-weakly magazine at Hermione, who caught it.

"You might find something interesting in there." The dungeon door opened, and Snape ushered us all in. We sat down in our seats, and Hermione hid the letter under her table.

The witch-weakly article claimed Hermione was brewing a love potion and supplying it to Harry, and using Viktor Krum at the same time.

"I told you!" Ron snapped at Hermione, who still looked over the article.

"I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of- of scarlet woman!"

"Scarlet women?" Hermione said, holding back some giggles.

"It's what my mum calls them," Rom answered, his ears turning red.

"If that's the best Rita can do, she's losing her touch. What a pile of old rubbish." Hermione laughed, throwing the article on a chair. Hermione smiled and waved at the Slytherins that watched them.

"There's something funny though," I said, ten minutes later, over my bowl of beetles.

"I've been thinking the same thing," Hermione muttered,

"How could Rita Skeeter know?.."

"Known what? You haven't been mixing up Love Potions, have you?" Ron asked quickly.

"Don't be stupid! No, it's just... how did she know Viktor asked me to visit him over the summer?" Hermione said, after pounding her beetles, and avoided Ron's eyes.

"What?" Ron yelled, dropping his pestle.

"He asked me right after he'd pulled me out of the lake. "After he'd got rid of his shark's head. Madam Pomfrey gave us both blankets and then he sort of pulled me away from the judges so they wouldn't hear, and he said if I wasn't doing anything over the summer, would I like to -"

"And what did you say?" Ron demanded, almost yelling.

"And he did say he'd never felt the same way about anyone else, but how could Rita Skeeter have heard him? She wasn't there... or was she? Maybe she has got an Invisibility Cloak; maybe she sneaked onto the grounds to watch the second task..." Harry and I glanced uncomfortably as we tried to get our potions right.

"And what did you say?"

"Well, I was too busy trying to see if you and harry were ok-"

"Fascinating, though your social life undoubtedly is. Miss Granger. I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor." Snape said from behind us, making us all jump.

"Ah... reading magazines under the table as well? A further ten points from Gryffindor ... oh but of course ... Potter has to keep up with his press cuttings..." He grabbed the magazine and his eyes landed on the article about Harry.

"'Harry Potter's Secret Heartache... dear, dear. Potter, what's ailing you now? 'A boy like no other, perhaps...'" He said, starting to read the letter out for the rest of the class to hear.

We looked around uncomfortably. As the class started laughing, Snape pausing every sentence to let everyone have a good laugh.

"'... Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthier candidate.' How very touching," sneered Snape, rolling up the magazine to continued gales of laughter from the Slytherins.

"Well, I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Potter - that table in front of my desk. And Mr. Malfoy, you over there by Ms. Jones. Move. Now."

"Wait, but why do I have to move, this isn't my love life?" I asked Snape, glared at me, and I signed picking up my books. I wasn't really angry, but rather pleased, as I walked over to Dora, grinning at her.

"Hello, Dora."

"Draco."

"That wasn't a hello, a proper one that is."

"Oh shut up," she said, shaking her head and smirking.

"Remember that date I had promised you?" Dora turned to look at me confused,

"You promised me? More like I promised you."

"Keep your voice down!" I said, nervously looking around, making sure no one was around us.

"Oh, look who's screaming now?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, you know the next Hogsmeade trip?" Dora nodded,

"Well, my friends are going to be... away, so then we can hang out," I said, Dora, whose face was now a bit flushed, nodded.

"Okay," Dora said, smirking.

---

"What a horrible! Evil little man," Hermione said angrily as we walked into the common room after dinner.

"Oh, you know, I have a horrible headache," I said, pretending to cough. Hermione looked at me, concerned.

"Are you alright, Draco?" Hermione asked. I nodded.

"Yes, yes," I said, coughing again.

"I think I should go lay down," I muttered, holding my head in my hands.

"Draco, you were fine this morning?" Ron said, confused.

"Um... I think I caught something." I mumbled,

"You should go lay down, it seems bad." I nodded, coughing again.

"Thanks... guys... see you tomorrow," I mumbled, going upstairs.

---

Theodora's POV

"Are we going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Daphne asked from her, looking through the witch-weekly magazine.

"Yeah, of course, we will," Pansy asked, from the closest.

"Well, um..." I said, starting to chew on my bottom lip nervously.

"What?" Daphne asked,

"I have a date," I whispered.

"OH MY GOD! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" Pansy yelled, jumping over to me.

"Not a drill? What the hell do you mean?"

"I mean finally! Took Draco long enough." Pansy laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! He was trying to hide it from his friends, and he finally did."

"Oh, where are you guys going?" Daphne asked. I shrugged.

"I'm not sure. He told me he'll figure something out," I answered.

"He always seems too, anyway." I laughed.