Chapter 23 (Year 3)

Draco's POV

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Professor Lupin said, standing in front of the class next to a cabinet, that kept sounding like something was about to jump at us at any second.

"That's a Boggart, that is," Seamus answered. Professor Lupin smiled and nodded.

"Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows," Hermione answered. Ron jumped before turning to me and Harry.

"When did she get here?" We both shrugged.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so -"

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" We all shouted,

"This class is ridiculous," Dora muttered.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" Neville stepped up, eyeing the wardrobe nervously.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?"

"Profter... Snafpt..." He muttered,

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry." Professor Lupin leaned forward a little more than Neville took a deep breath.

"Professor Snape." The Gryffindor's all start laughing, as the Slytherins smirked at a red faced Neville.

"Hmmm... yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her ether," Neville said, quickly. Lupin smiled,

"It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" Neville nodded,

"She carries a red handbag.."

"That's fine. We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Professor Lupin leaned down and whispered something in Neville's eyes pop out in shock, but the professor nods at him, encouragingly.

"You can do this, Neville." Lupin walks closer to the cabinet and points his wand at the cabinet.

"Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three." He flicked his wand and the cabinet bursts open. Snape walks out, glaring at Neville, who starts backing away.

"Think Neville! Think!" Professor Lupin yelled, Neville pointed his wand at him, his hands shaking.

"R-r-Riddikulus!" Neville yelled, and then Snape's long black robes started turning into a long, lace-trimmed dress, with a big moth eaten hat, and a red bag. Everyone starts laughing, except the Slytherins.

"Ron! Forward!" Lupin yelled, and Ron stepped up, Snape turns into a gigantic spider.

"Riddikulus!" The spider's feet turned into skates, the spider stumbles around until.

"Parvati!" She steps forward, the spider turning into a large vampire, that laughed at her. She backed away, but took a deep breath and held her wand out.

"Riddikulus!" The vampire turns into a dancing woman.

"Mr. Thomas!" The woman turns into a cobra, that starts hissing at us.