Chapter 44 (Year 4 The Third Task)

Theodora's POV

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU FOUR IDIOTS!" I yelled the next morning in the common room. Theo jumped behind the couch, Blaise grabbed a book and started reading it upside down, Daphne looked more interested in her potions book more than I have ever seen her, and Pansy stared straight at me with no hint of guilt in her eyes at all.

"For your information, my mother says there's nothing wrong with me." Pansy grinned,

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" I yelled, sitting down next to Pansy.

"You two were the worst," I yelled, pointing at Theo and Blaise.

"Guys, I think this book is in an unfamiliar language," Blaise said, narrowing his eyes at the book.

"It's upside down, you dumbass!" Blaise flipped the book around and smiled.

"Ooh!"

"Idiots,"

"I only wanted to make sure you're safe. We don't Draco that well, do we?" Theo asked. Trying to crawl upstairs, I threw Blaise's book at him, making him fall with a loud groan.

---

The third task had arrived, and I haven't gotten any chance to hang out with Draco again, since our date, because his friends, now thinking he's healthy, won't stop hanging out with him.

"Find us some good seats. I want to make sure, I see Diggory when he comes out. Oh, I hope his shirt will be soaking wet." Pansy said as we looked through the crowds of people.

"You think I brought enough food? I mean the house-elves were wonderful, but you can never have enough." Theo asked, holding piles of food.

"This task is going to be boring. We're just going to have to wait until someone walks out with the cup? Right?" I signed, sitting down.

"Yeah, I guess, we will," Daphne muttered, sitting down.

"DIGGORY! PANSY LOVES YOU!" Blaise yelled,

"Blaise!" Pansy yelled, hiding behind him. Diggory looked up, laughing. He was probably used to the girls by now.

"Oh, he's used to it. Blow him a kiss, Pans."

"How about I strangle you instead?"

"Ask nicely, and you can."

"Shut up you two, the task is going to start any second," I said, and just as I finished, Ludo Bagman's voice rang out.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School! In the second place, with eighty points - Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute! And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

"So ... on my whistle, Harry and Cedric! Three - two - one - "Then the whistle blew, Potter and Diggory both raced in. They gave them each a ten-second head start before blowing the whistle again, and Krum walked in. Then Delacour went in last.

---

Krum and Delacour had both walked out the maze, the only two left now, were Potter and Diggory.

Then there was a loud crack, and Potter and Diggory landed in front of us. Potter clutching on Diggory's chest. The music started up, people cheered for them.

The professors ran to the pair. Professor Dumbledore kept trying to pull Potter off Diggory but he wouldn't budge.

"Voldemort killed him! He killed Cedric! He's back! Voldemort is back!" The music stopped, and I could hear everyone gasp.

"Cedric! Cedric said to bring his body back!"

"Let me through! Let me through! That's my son! That's my boy." Some people had started crying as Mr. Diggory stared at his son's lifeless body.

"Come on! Everyone leave now!" Dumbledore shouted, and we all ran out as fast as we could.

---

The great hall that was usually covered in the house had won the most points, but now it was covered in black banners, and the Hufflepuff table was crying the loudest.

"The end of another year," Dumbledore said, staring around at all of us.

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here, enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory." We all stood and raised our glasses, muttering a quick.

"Cedric Diggory." Before sitting down again.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house. He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about."

"He was murdered by Lord Voldemort." The hall filled with gasps, and panicked filled the room. People stared at Dumbledore in horror, but he stayed calm, looking around the room, again.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with Cedric's death. I am talking, of course, about Harry Potter." Everyone turned their attention over to Potter, who seemed surprised to be acknowledged.

"Harry Potter managed to escape Lord Voldemort. He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor him." Dumbledore turned to Potter, raised his glance, and everyone in the hall followed suit, except me.

Why is he getting some glory? He wasn't the one that was dead.

I thought, my anger growing.

"The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened - of Lord Voldemort's return - such ties are more important than ever before." He turned to our guests. The Drumstrang students looked frightened that Dumbledore might blame them.

"Every guest in this Hall, will be welcomed back here at any time. Should they wish to come? I say to you all, once again - in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. "It is my belief- and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken - that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst. Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."