Chapter 82 (Year 6)

Draco's POV-

Harry walked in with Ginny to the hospital wing, where everyone was sitting watching Bill, who had been attacked by Greyback, resting.

"Are you all right, Harry?" Hermione asked as she threw her arms around him.

"I'm fine... How's Bill?" He asked. We didn't answer, instead just turning to stare at Bill, whose face was almost unrecognizable.

"Can't you fix them with a charm or something?" I asked Madam Pomfrey, remembering how Snape had healed me in the bathroom.

"No charm will work on these. I've tried everything I know, but there is no cure for werewolf bites." Madam Pomfrey explained.

"But he wasn't bitten at the full moon. Greyback hadn't transformed, so surely Bill won't be a — a real —?" Ron asked, turning to look at Lupin.

"No, I don't think that Bill will be a true werewolf, but that does not mean that there won't be some contamination. Those are cursed wounds. They are unlikely ever to heal fully, and — and Bill might have some wolfish characteristics from now on." Lupin said.

"Dumbledore might know something that'd work, though. Where is he? Bill fought those maniacs on Dumbledore's orders. Dumbledore owes him, he can't leave him in this state -"

"Ron — Dumbledores dead," said Ginny.

"No!" Lupin yelled, looking between her and Harry for some sort of explanation.

"How did he die? How did it happen?" Tonks whispered.

"Snape killed him. I was there. I saw it. We arrived back at the Astronomy Tower because that's where the Mark was... Dumbledore was ill, he was weak, but I think he realized it was a trap when we heard footsteps running up the stairs. He immobilized me, I couldn't do anything, I was under the Invisibility Cloak — and then Jones came through the door and disarmed him —"

"What?" I said, lifting my head up to look at him.

"She came in to try and kill him,"

"She wouldn't do that-she wouldn't that, she can't, she's not-"

"We can talk about this later Draco, let him finish," Tonks said, resting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged her off, but nodded.

"— more Death Eaters arrived — and then Snape; and Snape did it. The Avada Kedavra." Madam Pomfrey started bawling and Ginny shushed her. McGonagall walked in, and Harry explained everything to her again. She fell down in a chair that Madam Pomfrey managed to slip under her, crying.

"I messed up, Harry," said Ron bleakly.

"We did like you told us: We checked the Marauder's Map and we couldn't see Malfoy on it, so we thought she must be in the Room of Requirement, so me, Ginny, and Draco went to keep watch on it... but Jones got past us."

"She came out of the room about an hour after we started keeping watch," said Ginny.

"She was on her own, clutching that awful shriveled arm —"

"Her Hand of Glory," said Ron.

"Gives light only to the holder, remember?"

"Anyway, she must have been checking whether the coast was clear to let the Death Eaters out because the moment she saw us he threw something into the air and it all went pitch-black —"

"She didn't do just that. She said she was sorry and then threw it in the air." I snapped at her.

"Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, Fred and George's. I'm going to be having a word with them about who they let buy their products." Ron spat.

They finished their stories with Harry, making everyone tell them their side of the story, so he had everything. Eventually, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley came in with Fleur and my parents.

"Draco! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you at all?" Mum asked, cupping my face and examine it, while Dad hovered over her. I pushed her hands away, nodding.

"Yes, I'm alright. Did you see Theodora? They said she went with the death eaters but that can't be true." I said. She shook her head.

"No, we didn't."

"You know what I need to go," I said, standing up. Mum grabbed my arm.

"Where? There could be death eaters could be here anywhere." Dad said,

"Why would they stick around? I'll be in my dorm room, I need to rest." I said, pulling my arm away from Mum before walking out.

I ran down to the Slytherin common room, where people were all in their pajamas, standing outside concerned.

"What is going on, Draco? No one's told us what happened," Daphne asked.

"There were death eaters. Snape killed Dumbledore, but that's not what I'm here to ask," I said, waving her off.

"Dumbledore's dead?"

"Where's Theodora?" I asked,

"What? I haven't seen her." I grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her for some answers.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know! Really, the last time I saw her was last night! She had been crying, and I asked her what's wrong, and she said you would know tomorrow, but I haven't seen her since."

"Oh god," I said, letting her go and running up to the Gryffindor common room.

---

Harry was already there. He got up the second I entered our dorm. He had a nervous expression on his face, like he was about to tell me the worst news.

"What is it, Harry? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, still standing by the door. Hermione and Ron were behind him, the same nervous expression on their faces.

"Why are you all looking at me like that? What's wrong? Did they find her?" I asked Hermione, shook her head.

"Draco, you should sit down," Hermione said,

"No, not until you tell me what's going on," I yelled, Hermione, started chewing on her bottom lip nervously.

"Go on, Harry. Tell him." Ron said. Harry nodded.

"Draco, when Jones came and attacked Dumbledore, they started talking.

"About what?" I asked,

"Dumbledore told her to come to our side, but she refused because, well because, um- "Harry

"Because what!" I yelled impatiently.

"Sit down, please!" Hermione shouted. Grabbing my arm, I shook my head.

"No! Just say it!" I snapped,

"Draco, Voldemort threatened to kill you if she didn't let death eaters in the castle, and kill Dumbledore. She said she only joined the death eaters to protect you because she loves you." Harry said. I sat on the bed, my head in my hands, not wanting to show them the tears that were falling. Someone sat down next to me and wrapped their arms around me in a side hug.

"It will be okay," Hermione whispered in my ear.

"If I hadn't made her go out with me, she would have never had to do this if I didn't force her to."

"That's not true, you don't know what Voldemort was capable of," Harry said. I shook my head.

"It's all my fault."