Chapter 54 (Year 5)

Draco's POV

After meeting in the Hog's head, and deciding that we should start a group that Harry was going to lead, we noticed a sign put up by Professor Umbridge.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organizations, societies, teams, groups, and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organization, society, team, group, or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organization, society, team, group, or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organization, society, team, group, or club

that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor.

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" A second-year asked his friend.

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly.

"Ron, you scared them." I laughed as I watched them run away.

"I don't think we're going to be as lucky, though, do you?" Ron asked.

"This isn't a coincidence. She knows." Harry said.

"She can't," I said.

"There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust... any of them could have run off and told Umbridge..." Harry looked defeated, as he said this.

"Zacharias Smith! Or - I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look, too -"

"I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet?" I asked.

"Let's go and tell her," Ron said, and started walking upstairs to the girl's dormitory.

I should warn him.

I thought smirking, as the stairs turned into a slide and he tried running up them, his arms looking like a windmill, but falling down anyway.

"Er - I don't think we're allowed in the girls' dormitories," Harry said, helping Ron up, as two girls came sliding down, giggling.

"Oooh, who tried to get upstairs?" She asked.

"Me," Ron said, turning red.

"Ron, the girl's dormitory doesn't allow boys up there," I said, as Hermione slid down.

"But she's aloud up in our dorms," Ron yelled.

"Well, it's an old-fashioned rule, but it says in Hogwarts A History, that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls. Anyway, why were you trying to get in there?"

"To see you - look at this!" Ron said, showing her the new decree.

"Someone must have blabbed!" Ron said angrily.

"They can't have done," Hermione said in a low voice.

"You're so naïve, you think just because you're all honorable and trustworthy -"

"No, they can't have done, because I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed. Believe me, if anyone's runoff and told Umbridge, we'll know exactly who they are and they will really regret it."