Chapter 68 (Year 6)

Draco's POV

After getting on the train with Harry, and finding a compartment with Neville and Luna, a third-year girl came and handed Harry, Neville, and my letter from Professor Slughorn.

"What is it?" Ron asked,

"An invitation." Harry said.

Draco,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely, Professor H. E. F. Slughorn

"But what does he want me for?" Neville asked.

"No idea." Harry said as we stood up and walked out to the compartment. We got stared at as we walked past. Neville looked uncomfortable, while Harry just ignored it all.

We finally got compartment C, we saw Slughorn, with a couple of other students.

"Harry, m'boy! Good to see you, good to see you! And you two must be Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Malfoy." He said, after shaking Harry's hand.

"You too, Professor." I said. He gestured for us to sit down.

"Draco." I heard Blaise Zabini say. He grinned at me and scooted over to make space.

"Blaise." I grinned, ignoring Harry and Neville's confused glances.

"I see you two already know each other, but for those who don't, this is Blaise Zabini. In your year. This is Cormac McLaggen. Perhaps you've come across each other —? No? And this is Marcus Belby. I don't know whether you know each other? And this charming young lady tells me she knows you!" Slughorn mainly talked to Harry, as he introduced everyone. Ginny sat behind Slughorn, and could barley smile at us.

He started talking to some people before he finally landed on me and Blaise.

"Blaise, how is your mother. If you don't know, Blaise's mother is a very rich supermodel. Has she found a new husband yet?" Slughorn asked. I choked on my drink to try to stop from laughing, and Blaise glared at me.

"No, I don't think she's going to get married again. Or so soon." He explained.

"Oh, understandable. How many husbands as she had."

"Seven I think?" Blaise said, shrugging.

"Can I meet your mother Blaise?" I whispered to him.

"Don't come near my mother, Draco." He spat, and I laughed, loudly.

"Draco, I remember teaching your father, bright man. What does he do these days?" Slughorn asked, making me jump.

"Oh, he's helping the ministry and Dumbledore more." I explained.

"And your grandfather, did you know him well before he passed?"

"Oh, I knew him very well. Some people even say we're very alike- "Slughorn laughed loudly, and Harry grimaced behind him.

"I was very sad when he passed. I knew him very well, too. He was a Slytherin, wasn't he?"

"Yeah, but my parents are both Gryffindor's." I said.

"Ugh, how I wished to have the Malfoy's in Slytherin." Slughorn said.

"Oh... yeah." I said, forcing a laugh. Slughorn finally turned away from me, and I slouched, relieved.

"Are you going to come to the Slytherin compartment? Theodora's in there, already." I frowned at the mention of her.

"No, we broke up." I said, and Blaise gasped loudly, causing some people to look at him, confused.