The Junk Shop

DPOV

My shower was a lot longer than my normal showers. I stood there letting the water run down my back for what seemed like a life time. I had My Roza on my mind. Hmm...My Roza.. That sounds good. I was thinking of how beautiful her... well just how beautiful she is. Even her flaws are beautiful. I got out when the water went cold.

I got dressed and headed out to find some things for my new apartment. "I hate shopping." I grumbled, as I walked out the door.

I was nearly done my shopping. I had one more shop to check out. It was the The Junk Store. It was one of those stores that had things that you never thought you would want. I was walking around just browsing the shelves, looking to see if I could find anything to liven up my space. I found a few things that I liked. So far I had a few picture frames, a canister set and a bread box in my cart. I thought to myself that I need something for my walls and headed over to the area that held wall hangings. Before I made it to the wall hangings, I got side tracked at the clothing section. A long leather duster caught my eye. "Hmm.. Just like in the movies." I thought. I'm a sucker for all things western. I picked it up and carefully placed it in my cart.

I was flipping through the hangings trying to find something that I liked. Birds? No, not me. Wagon wheel? Yeah, that would look ok in my bathroom. I continued to browse until I came across a flower painting. It was of the evolution of a beautiful rose blooming. The rose was blood red set against a night black back drop. It made me think of Her. I immediately put in my cart, not sure where I would place it. I started towards the cash.

I rounded the corner and had my breathe taken away.

RPOV

"Stupid alarm clock." I cursed again. " Why did you have to go off now? Just two more minutes and my bad dream would have been made perfect." I slowly crawled out of bed and headed for the shower. I needed some retail therapy and some alone time.

When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body and dried and straightened my hair. I felt like being a girly girl today. So I put some makeup on and my favorite sundress. It was a light brown with spaghetti straps and a giant rose on the front off to the side. I love this dress because my Mom and Dad got it for me when they went on a cruise two springs back.

I was walking around window shopping, because I couldn't find anything I really liked. I found myself in front of The Junk Store. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Why not." I could see if Christian had gotten in anymore unusual pieces. "Good afternoon Chris. Got anything new in?" I said with a sunny attitude. "Someone ate their cornflakes today." Christian said with a laugh. "After what happened this morning, I would expect you to be in a blue mood. Lissa told me that Adrian showed up at work and..." "I'm turning a new leaf. I will not let him get me down anymore. He is not worth it." I said cutting Christian off. "Good for you." Christian said as he came around the corner to give me a half hug. "I'm proud of you."

"Oh, do I have a dousie for you to see. You are going to get a kick out of it. Come with me." Christian said as he pulled me along. He called over his shoulder " Aunt Tasha, watch over the Cash for me. I'm taking Rose to see it... It is like right out of a western movie. I'm not going to tell you what it is. You are just going to have to wait." He eagerly told me. Christian always loved to show me the corney things he got into the shop.

We were laughing as Christian lead me towards the clothing side. "Ok. I cannot keep it in anymore..It's...it's a leather duster..An actual leather duster.. You know the kind you only find in a western movie.?." He managed to say in between laughs. "Oh, no! You have to be kidding me?. They actually make them still?" I said as I couldn't stop giggling. "That is going to be here forever. Who would want to buy it?" I said as we rounded the corner. "Obviously I would." A light Russian accent said. I looked from Christian to the voice. It was Dimitri. "What is wrong with a duster? It is a staple to any man's wardrobe." Dimitri said with a grin on his face. Dimitri and I stood there looking into each other's eyes. We stood like that for a brief moment until Christian said, "Sir, I can ring you in if you are finished." "Yes, I am ready." Dimitri said with out taking his deep brown smooth eyes off of me. I looked away and we all started to walk to the cash in silence.

When we reached the cash, I turned to Christian and told him I would see him later and told Dimitri that I would see him around. I was half way down the block heading for home when I heard,"Roza! Wait a second!" I turned around to see Dimitri catching up to me. The next thing that he said totally caught me off guard. "Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?