The Coffee Shop

***Few Days Later..RPOV***

I had the early morning shift (5:30am - 11:00am) at The Coffee Shop. I liked working here. The other staff were nice, my boss Eddie was also. Eddie was more of a friend than a boss. He always knew the real reason why I would be calling in sick with out me telling him. He kept warning me about Adrian, but I kept telling him I was ok and that Adrian said he would never hurt me again. But we both knew that was a complete lie. It would be a week or two and I would "walk into the door" again.

It was about 10:30am and I had my back turned to the door refilling the coffee machine. My shift was almost was working with me this morning and he was upstairs taking inventory. Lissa was here also. She was out back making homemade carrot muffins and they smelled absolutely wonderful. I heard the door bell alerting me that someone came in. "I will be right with you," I said with out turning around. "I will wait for you anytime." My back went ridget. I would know that haunting voice anywhere. I slowly turned around. "Wha..what are you doing here Adrian?" I studdered out. "I came to see MY Rose." "Adrian you are not suppose to be here. You are breaking the restraining order." At that moment Lissa came waltzing out of the back with the tray of muffins, humming to herself. She seen Adrian and immediately yeld to Eddie. Eddie, coming to the top of the stairs took in the scene before him. "Adrian, get out. You know that you are not allowed to be near Rose. I am asking you to leave or I'm going to call the police." Eddie took two stairs at a time coming to stand infront of Rose.

I heard the door ring again alerting us that someone else had come in. I froze again, not knowing who it was. I slowly began to back away and head for the back with Lissa. "Hello Roza." Dimitri said with a smile. I turned around to see that it was Dimitri who had just walked in. I must have had a scared look on my face, because when I had turned around I watched Dimitri's smile turn flat.

DPOV

I was out for my morning run around the park and lake area that was close to my apartment. A run always seemed to help me clear my mind. It has only been about a week that I moved here and a few days that I took over Stan's Defence Class. I kept thinking of how rosie her cheeks had been and how she flinched when I tried to help her clean up her bloody nose. She kept telling me that she could do it by herself. She was almost like a scared bird backing into a corner. I knew to back off and let her be.

Before class Stan filled me in on Rose's situation and that I should move a bit slow with her. It was about 6 months since she got out of the hospital because of what her Ex-Boyfriend had done to her. I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing like what he had done to her. Roza is such beautiful woman she deserves better than that and him.

I was done my run and decided to explore a bit before going home. I noticed that I was a little hungry and decided to grab a bite before continuing home. I was walking down the street and noticed a corner shop called The Coffee Shop. I decided to head in there. When I walked in I noticed her right away, even though she had her back to me. "Hello Roza" I said with a smile. As she turned around my smiled faded. She looked like she had the fear of god in her. I quickly took in my surroundings and noticed that I walked in on the middle of something. A man with a "The Coffee Shop" logo shirt on was standing pretty close to a tall man with a bad case of bed head. Her eyes darted from me to the bed head guy and back again. I soon realized that this must be the creep that Stan had told me about.

I calmly walk around the men and to Roza. I gently leaned down and said "Good Morning Beautiful." and placed a sweet kiss on Roza cheek. I wanted Head to realize that her did not own Roza. I just hoped that I didn't scare her in the process. I did not think things through before I kissed her cheek. I prayed my eyes conveyed that I was trying to help her and not be scared of me. "Who the hell are you?" Bed head said. "Name is Dimitri. And you are?" I calmly replied. I didn't want to scare Roza, so I put the smile back on my face and stretched my hand out to shake Bed Head's. "MY name is Adrian. Adrian Ivashkov." Adrian said as he stood taller and extended his hand to meet Dimitri's. I think I might have put a little too much warning into my hand shake and glare. Adrian quickly took his hand away, flexing it to get the blood pumping through it again. "Rose, I WILL see you later." Adrian said as he made a quick exit.

"Roza are you ok?" I cautionly asked as I stepped closer to her. "I will be" she replied and she headed for out back.