39. Marry me Penelope

Chapter 39
Sebastian Carlov

"You're shivering." Derek handed me a beer can. I took it and he sat besides me. We drank in silence. "It'll be fine." He spoke and I nodded.
The door opened and I quickly stood up. Penelope came out smiling. Her eyes were swollen. Did she cry?
I walked to her.
"How is he?" I asked. She scanned my face and gave me a sad smile.
"Fine. He's resting." She replied.
"Let's leave then." Her Dad spoke.
"I think I'll stay. You'll leave." She spoke. "You wanna stay?" I asked and she nodded.
"I have a lot to talk to Adonis about." She replied.
"Fine. Let's go." Hercules and the others left.
"Do you wanna talk?" I asked and she shook her head.
I kissed the side of her head before leaving.

I got on my bike. "Wanna have a drink?" Hercules asked.
"Sure." I spoke and he got back on me.
I drove to a club he asked for. I ordered whiskey for us.
"Penelope used to like Adonis." He spoke. I nodded. I know she used to like him.
"I wouldn't be shocked before if she had chose him but now I don't think she'll chose him over you." He spoke. I looked at him.
"How can you say that?" I asked.
"I know my little sister. She's in love with you. Don't worry." He patted my shoulder.
We drank in silence.
"It's her birthday next week." I spoke and he nodded.
"I wanted to propose her." I spoke and he spit.
"You what?" He looked at me surprised.
"I wanted to ask you formally but I guess I just blurted it out." I spoke. I was a little tipsy.
"Can I?" I asked. He still looked surprised.
"Yeah. You don't have to ask us. It's between you and Pen. If she's happy, I'm happy." He replied.

He called for his car and I drove back home.
Next day I went home and took mom's ring from Dad. Even tho I haven't completely forgiven him we just go along.

Daniel is really happy and I can't be more happy for him. They are like the newlyweds.

I finished classes. I spotted Daniel playing football. I dragged my feet to the ground.
"Wanna have a match?" He threw the boy my way.
"No." I threw it back and sat on the bench.
He sat next to me. "What's wrong?" He asked.
I leaned back and looked up at the sky.
I took out the ring box and handed it to him.
He took it surprised and opened it.
"You brought a ring?" He asked.
"It's mom's."
"You are proposing her?" He asked and I nodded.
"Good luck. Nice ring." He handed me the box.
"Why aren't you excited or nervous? I feel nervous." He rubbed his palms together.
I sat straight.
"What if she says no?" I asked and he looked at me.
"Damn! Why am I getting nervous!" He got up.
"Dan seriously I don't even know how to express what I'm feeling." I stood up.
"Take deep breaths." He did it with me.
"Everything's going to be fine." He hugged me.

It's finally her birthday. She has been a bit silent. Or maybe it's my nerves that are troubling my mind.

I got ready and walked out.
I looked at my both best friends. They gave me a thumbs up and I grinned.
"Big day. How are you feeling?" Xav patted my back.
"I'm fine."
"Are you?" Dan asked and we all burst into laughter.

I drove us to her house. We were welcomed by Hercules.
"You alright?" He asked and I nodded. "A little nervous maybe." I replied.
"A little?" Derek laughed and the others joined.

"Birthday girls here!" We turned to the stairs. She walked down the stairs with Juls and Nixie on her sides. She looked like a princess. Her eyes met mine and she gave me a faint smile.

The cake cutting was done and they cleared the floor for dance.
Hercules took the spotlight to announce something. My hands are shaking at this point.
"Everyone must be curious about what I have to say. Well I don't have anything to say. But Sebastian here does." He spoke. All the eyes turned to me and mine fell on her.
She looked curious. I walked to her. Dan and Xav whispered a good luck on the way.

"Happy birthday Princess." I spoke and she smiled. I took a deep breath and got on my knee. Her friends squeaked. She was still clueless. I took her hand in mine.
"Since we were children I always had this dream. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I wanted to give you all my love and make you the happiest girl alive. Although I couldn't because of some accidents. But I've got you now and I want you to stay with me forever and let me adore you. Please make me the happiest man by marrying me." Her eyes went wide and she started to tear up.

I took a gulp. "Marry me Penelope." I spoke and took out the ring. Adonis came next to her looking surprised and sad. "I–I can't Sebastian." She covered her mouth. She turned and ran away. I was shocked. I didn't know how to react.

"Sebastian." Adonis called. "Don't fuck with me." I got up and pushed him. I put the ring back in my pocket and ran behind her.

I ran to the garden and saw her near the fountain. I walked to her.
"Princess?" I called and she turned to me. She was crying real hard.
"Is it beacuse of Adonis?" I asked gulping hard. I don't want to hear the answer. I'm hurt. Really hurt.
"I'm sorry Sebastian. Really sorry." She cried.
"What are you sorry for Princess?" I asked. She wiped her tears.
"I can't marry you Sebastian." She spoke.
"Why?"
"Because–" her voice cracked.
I held her shoulders. "Talk to me." I spoke.
"Is it because of Adonis?"
She nodded. I could hear my heart break. I let her go. My legs felt weak.
"It's not what you think." She held my hand.
"Then what is it?" I asked.
"Adonis and I can't marry anyone." She spoke. I was confused. Broke.
"Why?"
"It's a curse. Beatrice stabbed me and Adonis's grandfather helped me." She spoke. I narrowed my eyes.
"He used black magic to save me."
"Black magic?" I asked surprised and she nodded.
"In exchange Adonis promised that we both won't get married." She spoke.
A wave of relief washed over me.
"That's the reason?" I asked. There was excitement in my voice.
She looked at me surprised. I hugged her.
I hugged her tightly. I pulled back and smiled at her.
"Sebastian –" "Shh." I placed a finger on her lips.
"You should have told me earlier." I held the sides of her head.
"We don't need to get married to stay together forever. All you have to do is love me and stay by my side and let me love you." I spoke.
"Really?" She asked and I nodded.
"You love me right?" I asked teasingly.
She smiled and kissed me. I kissed her back passionately.
"I love you." I spoke.
"I love you." She blushed and leaned on my chest.

#

Second last chapter!
Woo I'm excited for the next  chapter!^^