25. Second chances

Chapter 25
Penelope Bonvalets

I walked downstairs for dinner. The house was lively. Unlike the past week. I entered the dinning room.

"Here Nell." Will patted on the seat besides him. I smiled. He saved a seat for me. I sat besides him. Steven was on my other side.

Aunt Janet was talking about her business in Italy. Will and I were having a food fight among ourselves. Putting food to each others plate. Everyone was done and the maids took out the plates.

"You didn't tell me Pexie baked. She bakes just like you." Aunt Janet spoke.

"You bake?" Will asked.

"Yeah. You must taste those cookies. It reminded me of old times." She replied. Dad looked at me.

Aunt Janet called for a maid to get the cookies.

"Aunt–"

"Don't be shy. She's really a nice baker." She spoke. The maid came back with the jar. Will got up and took it from her.

"Give it to me." I got up and walked to him. He tried to block me from taking it.

"Will don't!" I exclaimed trying to take the jar.

"Pexie calm down." Aunt Janet stood up and took the jar from him. I glared at him and he put his arm around my shoulder.

Aunt gave everyone one. Dad took a bite.

"Isn't it like the ones you made?" Aunt asked and he nodded.

"I'll keep the jar." Dad took the jar and walked upstairs.

"It's really tasty." Will spoke eating half of it in one bite. I snatched the other half and ran away.

"Non è giusto!" He ran behind me. I already ate it. I stopped once everything was in my mouth.

He took a cushion from the couch and threw it towards me. I ducked. I picked two and threw at him. He caught them and threw back.

"It was all your fault!" I exclaimed trying to dodge.

"Mio fault?" He asked.

"Yes. You should have just handed me the jar. Now all the cookies are gone!" I replied and caught the cushion. I threw it at him and he dodged, Hercules caught it.

"You two!" Aunt Janet walked in. We looked around at the place. All the cushions were laying here and there. She grabbed Will's ear.

"Oww!" He groaned. She came to me and grabbed my ear as well.

"Oww... Aunt it was him who started it." I whined.

"Both of you shut up. Acting like little  children." She spoke.

"Bro help us." Will told Hercules.

"Let it go Aunt Janet." Hercules says.

"You both promise me that you won't fight again." She spoke.

"Yeah. Okay. Let go." Will spoke.

"Yes. Please Aunty Janet." 

She let go and I rubbed my ear.

"Go to sleep now." She spoke and walked away.

"Stupida." Will whispered.

"Stupido." I whispered back.

A maid walked to us.

"I've prepared the theater room." She spoke.

"Thank you. Come let's go." He took my hand. "Come on guys!" He called them.

"I thought it was just the two of us." I spoke.

"What fun will it be. Più siamo, meglio è (The more, the merrier.)" He replied.

I sat on the front seat and he sat besides me. The others entered. It was a rom-com movie. The movie ended.

"Look at all the mess you've made." Will spoke. I looked down at the popcorn mess on the ground.

"Excuse me. You were the one who did all this."

"Don't blame your fault on others." He replied. I got up and patted off the popcorn from my lap.

"Wait Penelope." I looked at Hercules.

"We need to talk." He spoke.

"About what?" I asked.

"About that guy." Derek replied.

"I don't want to."

"Don't make this any harder." Hercules warned.

"Hey calm down here." Will stepped in between. "It's a bit late now. How about we talk tomorrow?" He spoke.

"Fine." They walked out.

"Good night." Beatrice smiled.

"Buona notte." He replied and she walked out. He turned to me.

"What guy?" He asked.

"Do you drink?" I asked.

"I'm 28." He replied.

"Is that a yes or no?" I asked.

"Obviously Yes Stupida." He replied. We walked to the kitchen and grabbed the beer cans. We walked to the swing. I sat and he sat next to me.

I explained everything to him while drinking.

"Does he have a sister?" He asked and I gave him a look. "Sorry.–I didn't know they were this possessive."

"But didn't you want them to act this way?" He asked.

"Will will you believe me if I said I was reborn?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"It was sort of a dream. It was so realistic." I explained.

"I was 22 and Adonis was marrying Beatrice. So I burnt down her wedding dress. Beatrice almost died. Then dad- he- he told me he wished I was never born." I replied crying.

"Nell calm down." He set the can down and hugged me.

"It felt so true. My brothers. Father. No body cared." I held onto his arm and cried in his chest.

"Am I that bad Will?" I sobbed.

He sang some Italian song patting my back. I didn't understand but it felt soothing. He finished and I pulled back.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"It seems a bit unrealistic but miracles happen. And I believe in them." He smiled. "But it's wrong for you to act this way." He spoke.
"Even tho they did that to you. You got a second chance right? Why not give them a second chance as well?"

"How can I? After all that they have done to me."

"Listen here." He cupped my cheek.
"Life is about this. I hated my father a lot too but now all I want is for him being here with us. As a family. This time it's nothing like the last one. Your brothers care for you. Your dad too. Give them a chance." He spoke.

"What if they go back to how they were."

"Piccolo you're not getting it." He shook his head. "They treated you that way because you acted like that. You've got it all wrong. You only remember what they did. Don't you remember what you did?" He asked.
"So forgive yourself and them. You've learnt your lesson right? Now act like a good girl and let them love you. You get it?" He asked and I nodded.

"Can you sing me another song?"

"Am I that good of a singer?" He grinned.

"Don't think too highly of yourself." I replied and laid on his lap. He began to sing and I slowly drifted to sleep.

#

2k reads!! Thank you:)
Like the chapter? Then don't forget to vote☆