3. Italy

Chapter 3
Penelope Bonvalets

I can't say I wasn't surprised when my brothers came to drop me off at the airport, more surprisingly Beatrice was still sick and couldn't come. She made a big deal about it before we left for the airport. The act only bored me now, I could see the disappointment on her face when I didn't give her the reaction she had wanted, which rather made me happy.

"Are you all gonna say something or should I go?" I look at the three of them, and they divert their eyes which isn't new to me, "Enjoy your lives without me." I say bitterly as I turn around, I clench my jaw as none of them even try to say goodbye at least.

"I never wanna come back." I whisper.

*

The flight was short, we walk out and my eyes desperately searched for William who promised to pick me up from the airport, the new place and new faces were making me giddy inside.

"Pen." His thick accented voice turns my head to him, and a wide grin spreads on my face as my legs involuntarily rush towards him. I drop my bag and throw my arms around his neck. "Benvenuta in Italia Sorella." His big muscular body swallows mine. I pull back and grab his face checking if he was real, confirming this isn't a dream. "Missed me that much?" he says smugly, making me want to roll my eyes.

"Was checking if you have gotten old or were my eyes playing games with me." I take a step back accessing him up and down.

His brows rase offensively, "Me, old?" his accent slips smoothly with his words, "The two words don't even fit well in the same sentence." He puts his hand on my back as we walk out, his driver carries my bag for me. Will looks at something, takes off his shades, and hands it to me.

"I have mine." I take out mine from my purse and put them on, he puts his shades back on his face. "The heat here is no joke," I say as he opens the car door for me.

"You won't be white for long." He teased as he shut the door and came to sit on the other side, he texted someone before getting in the car while glancing in the same direction he did before offering me his glasses.

"Everything okay?" I ask as he gets in, I look back to find something that's bothering him.

"News travels fast here, just some paparazzi. Nothing to worry about." He says putting his phone in the breast pocket of his suit. Will glances at me, "You've gotten thinner." He says, I look outside the window avoiding the topic, I feel Maria's eyes on me through the rearview mirror which I ignore as well.

"Italy is as beautiful as I've heard," I say mesmerised.

"You need to learn Italian, it's hard to communicate with locals if not." He says with lots of pronunciation miss-up, I look at him.

"Your English sucks," I say making him sigh.

"Not my first language you see, but come on it's not that bad." He turns to me hopefully, I tilt my head pretending to think which makes him gasp. I laugh at his expression which makes him smile.

"Just kidding, you've gotten better. Small steps like a turtle." I pat his shoulder. "And I can always help." I smile.

"I'm better than a turthole." He says making me choke on my breath.

"Turtle." I say, he pulls his brows together.

"Turt-ole?" He repeats questioningly, I give him an approving nod to which he grins proudly at the driver whose partial attention is on us. He tells him something in Italian to which the driver nods.

I look outside as we reach the three-floored mansion. The garden is so pretty I could shapeshift into a butterfly and spend the rest of my life here. The car stops and the footman comes to open the door for me, I step out and welcome the warmth of Italy once again.