17. Sibling Dinner

Chapter 17
Penelope Bonvalets

I got dressed. I put on a navy blue dress that reached an few inches above my knees. I wore white heels. I grabbed my wallet and walked downstairs.

"Where are you going?" I looked at Beatrice who came in. Looks like she just got off work.

"Dinner."

"With your friends?" She smirked. Why does she look down on my friends.

I opened my mouth to comfort her when Hercules came downstairs.

"Ready?" Hercules asked and I nodded narrowing my eyes at Beatrice.

"Where are you two going?" She asked. Looked like she was panicking.

"My little sister promised me a dinner." He replied and I cringed. What's with him.

"Have fun then." She spoke through gritted teeth.

I wanted to dance and yell out of happiness. If I get to see her like this then I'm ready to go to dinner with Hercules everyday.

"Eat and have some rest. You look tired." He spoke. She nodded and smiled.

"Bye Beatrice." I smiled at her as we walked out. The driver opened the door of the long limousine. I got in.

"Welcome!" Steven and Derek exclaimed.

"What are you two doing here?" Hercules asked. They both looked at me.

"I invited them." I spoke and Hercules raised an eyebrow.

"You look beautiful." Derek spoke.

"Yeah." Steven says.

"Thank you." I replied awkwardly.

"Did you have fun last night?" Hercules asked.
Don't remind me about last night.

"Yeah." I have him a fake smile.

"Looks like you drunk a lot. You're having dark circles." He spoke.

"Not much tho." Derek replied.
Are we having a sibling talk right now?

The car stopped and we got off. I walked besides Hercules and they both behind us.

A waitress led us to a private table. It was a round one. I sat between Steven and Derek.

"What do you want to eat?" Hercules asked. I looked at the menu card.

"You can order for us as well." Steven spoke. I nodded.

"Tasting menu with Screaming Eagle Cabernet 1992." I spoke and the waiter nodded.

"I like that vine." Derek spoke. I just nodded. I don't even know what's the difference. I just ordered the most expensive one.

"So how is college going?" Steven asked.

"Fine."

"You took English Lit. Right?" Hercules asked and I nodded.

"I never knew you were interested in that." Derek spoke.

The waiter served the wine. I was feeling really awkward. I want to hide under a rock.

"What are your friends major?" Hercules asked.

"Julia and Harold's major is English Lit. Harold is a junior. Nixie and Albert's major is Business Accounting."

"You should've taken that." He spoke.

"I didn't want to." I replied offended.

"I didn't mean it that way. You wanted to join the company so I thought that would have been–"