20. Welcome back Princess

Chapter 20
Penelope Bonvalets

I woke up and found that he was gone. I walked to the balcony and looked down. My room is on the first floor and there isn't much distance from the ground. I don't even know how to react anymore. After a short while I walked back in. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and Marie came in with the breakfast tray.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked and I nodded.

"Mr. Bonvalets has brought dry fruits from his trip. Do you want to bake later?" She asked.

"Sure. I don't have anything else to do." I shrugged and sat on the bed eating the spicy sprouts sandwich.

"Don't get too depressed. He's doing this for your own good." She patted my head. I chewed and nodded. She walked away and I finished the food. I took a bath and put on a orange sundress. My phone buzzed.

"Hey you alright?" Julia spoke.

"Yeah."

"Are you not coming today?" Nexie asked. Maybe the phone is on speaker.

"I'm grounded for a month."
I heard them all curse. I chuckled.

"We aren't going to see you for a month?" Harold asked.

"Unfortunately." I walked to the balcony.

"Will you be in trouble if we come to visit you?" Albert asked.

"I don't know Al. This is all so messed up." I sighed.

"I'm sorry this is all because of me." Nexie spoke. "You came to my concert and got grounded."

"We all know that's not the reason Nex."

"By the way were you really going to kiss Carlov?" Julia asked. I blushed at her question.

"Yes." I replied and they both squeaked.

"So you like him?" Nexie asked.

"I don't hate him either."

"You like him." Julia replied.

"But girl he's a playboy remember?" Nex spoke and I hmmed.

"Be careful. Well you'll be home for a month. There's nothing to be worried about." Julia spoke.

"He came to my room last night." I walked back inside.

"What!" Everyone exclaimed.

"Yeah. He climbed up my balcony. He was drunk."

"Did anything happen?" Nexie asked.

"No. He passed out soon. And when I woke up he was gone."

"I don't know what to say to that." Julia spoke.
The bell rang. "We gotta go now. I'll call you later." Julia spoke.
She hung up.

I sat on the couch for a while. Maybe I should grab some book from the library. Julia has recommended me quite a lot romance novels.

I walked to the library. It was on the second floor. I'm not sure of our library had those books. I looked around but all I could find were medical, business and law books. Literature had no place in the library. I found Raymond on the counter.

"Miss Penelope." He stood up. "Can I order a few books?" I asked.

"Sure. Hand me the list and I'll get them all for you." He replied. I smiled and handed him the list Julia had gave me.

"When can you get them?"

"Tomorrow. I'll ask a maid to get it to your room." He spoke.

"Thank you and please get me some baking books as well." I spoke. He nodded.