{36} The second task

I was walking out of potions class with Lily. It was the last class of the day. I was going to spend the rest of it with the girls because it was Lena's birthday. We met up in the courtyard.

We were going to go in the forbidden forest. We'd set up a tent in the entrance of it and we were going to throw a party. We'd invited a few people, such as the rest of the Marauders.

"So, Lily," Lena started. "You and James are a thing now?"

"Not quite." Lily responded. "He is still immature and has a big ego, but I love the fact that he'd do everything about people he loves."

"He gets it from me." I smirked.

"Aren't you younger?" Marlene asked.

"Shhh."

By the time everyone came, we'd set up everything. I was talking with Lily as Elsa walked up to me.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Of course. I'll be right back." I smiled.

"How are you feeling?" She smiled.

"About what?"

"The task tomorrow."

"Quite scared actually." I nervously chuckled.

"Also, where's James?"

"I don't know.. he left with McGonagall a bit earlier and never came back. Probably in detention for something imbecile."

"Well, I was thinking of asking Remus out..."

"About fucking time!"

"But.. he just broke up with someone and he doesn't know me that well."

"Go talk to him. Comfort him. I'm pretty sure he'll like you." I smiled knowing he already does.

"Alright, thanks!" She smiled rushing off to him. Sirius pulled me to the dancefloor and a slow music started playing.

"We haven't hung out alone in a while, you know?" He smirked.

"I've been busy helping everyone around me."

"Must be exhausting."

"Promise I'll find time." I smiled. "How about tomorrow, after the second task?"

"Yeah I'm fine with that."

"Where's my idiot brother anyway?" I looked around.

"I have no idea." Sirius shrugged. He spun me around and pulled me really close to him. "I missed your face you know?"

"So did I." I kissed him deeply. Why were we always the center of attention in parties? Everyone had stopped to look at us.

"Oh, please! Go get a room!" Marlene said. I looked at her and chuckled.

"She's right, y'know?" I smirked pulling Sirius out of the tent. "You asked for alone time, darling."

___________________________________

The next morning we were all rushing down to the lake, where the next task would be held. I was walking with the boys, except for James was nowhere to be found.

"You have a plan?" Peter asked.

"Mhm, gillyweed. Thanks to our Moony here." We walked over to the platforms, where eveyone was standing.

Dumbledore made his speech and I chewed on the gillyweed, which was the most disgusting thing I ever tried.

Remus pushed me in the water "Don't forget to breathe!" I was now underwater and my neck started burning. I look down at my hand and feet and I noticed I had fins. I gave myself a push and saw how fast I could swim.

I was swiming forward and I stumbled upon a grindylow. I shot a spell at it to leave me alone. I spotted the giant squid in the distance. I kept swiming forward. I checked my watch to see how much time I hat left and noticed I only had about 15 minutes.

In the distance, I saw three bodies. I swam faster trying to get to them. Then I saw Ivan who'd already picked up his date to the yule ball. Darn it I thought to myself. I started swiming even faster to find a frozen Prongs in front of me.

"Diffindo." I said pointing my wand at the rope holding him. I grabbed him by the hand and pulled him back up. He was now able to move.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I helped him swim outside.

"Yeah, bit cold though." He chuckled. "Sad I missed a great party last night."

"Don't worry, I missed it too."

"What's that supposed to- nevermind I don't want to know." We got up back on the platforms and I had scored second. It wasn't my fault my grindylow friends wouldn't leave me alone.

They wrapped us around in towels and everyone gathered around me. The points were announced but I was still in the lead from last task. We all cheered and went back to the school to continue with our days.

____________________________________
PLEASE READ!!!!

I'm thinking of ending the story in two chapters. I have lost motive on writing it and am working on another one.

Thank you for reading, sorry for any grammar mistakes. Leave a vote <3.