{32} First task

It was morning now, we had all slept scattered all around the dorm. I woke up with my head pounding. I found myself laying next to Sirius, who was sleeping peacefully. I saw that the girls had already woken up.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Lily said.

"Goodmorning." I smiled. "Ugh, has anyone got a potion to stop the pounding?"

"No, but I can give you a kiss to dial it down." Sirius smiled getting up.

"Morning, darling." I smiled as the girls awed. "Shhh, too loud. Yeah, that kiss would do."

"Come, then." He said as I sat infront of him pecking him on the lips. Then we heard a grunt.

"I have got to stop waking up to these images." Remus said closing his eyes. He never failed to make us laugh.

"Why so loud though?" Peter woke up. By now James was the only one still asleep and he was snoring loudly.

"Lily, why don't you wake my brother up?" I asked.

"Sure." She smiled going to his bed. She blushed hard as she went there and I'm not sure but I think something happened. It lays like a faint memory in the back of my head. James woke up and Mary came back from our dorm with potions to stop the headache.

"Thanks." I smiled as she handed me two of them. "Here you go love."

"Ew." James gagged at the smell of the potion.

"Now, now, grandma, you have to drink your medicine." I chuckled.

After a few minutes of resting, we got downstairs and separated. The girls went their way and I went with the boys.

"So, how was the party?" Peter asked.

"Fun, until two groups of people wanted to murder us." Sirius replied.

"By that you mean?" Remus looked confused.

"He means Snivy and his fangirls." I replied.

"They never learn do they?" James said.

We just shrugged and got inside the great hall. We ate breakfast and spent the rest of our day hanging around the school and Hogsmeade.

____________

The day had come. The day I was dreading for so long. The first task of the tournament. I was so nervous.

"How are you feeling Potter?" McGonagall asked as we walked by her in one of the halls.

"Could be better, Professor." I replied.

"Goodluck out there." She smiled warmly.

"Thank you." I walked away.

I was shaking a lot but I still felt confident. I mean I would be considered insane if I wasn't a bit scared. I was a 14 year old girl competeing in a deadly tournament. Oh god, I'm doomed.

"Calm down, you can do this." Sirius wrapped his arm around me.

"But what if I can't?"

"Yes you can. I know you can do anything if you put your mind to it."

I smiled at his words and felt a little better. I needed a distraction from the tournament. But I had no idea what to do, other than go beat the living fuck out of someone but I was told many times it's not a solution even though it works pretty damn well.

"Hey, I have an idea." Sirius smiled.

"What's your brilliant brain up to now?"

"Let's go talk to Ivan. Maybe he's feeling nervous too."