{2} Sorting ceremony

I walked in through the gates of Hogwarts. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was finally here. Everyone was whispering things to eachother. I was right next to my brother James. I always felt safe around him. We had got together with the boys. I saw the girl I met earlier, Lily and waved at her.

"So, what house are you hoping for?" - James asked.

"Anything for as long as it's the same one as you"- I replied. James was my other half. I couldn't live without him.

"Anything, honestly"- Remus and Peter said in sync.

"Well, Slytherin."- Sirius said. "Everyone in my bloodline has been a slytherin".

We entered the Great Hall and I heard many wows. Everyone was amazed. There was floating candles everywhere. Professor McGonagall started talking.

"Now when I call out your name, I want you to walk up here and sit on this chair. I will place the Sorting Hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your house".

"Severus Snape"- she called

"Hey, I met him earlier today"- I turned to James.

"SLYTHERIN"- I heard the hat say

"James Potter"- McGonagall called

"Oh, go on James"- Sirius chuckled

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Thank god" James whispered as he walked by. "Good luck."

"Thanks"- I smiled

"Remus Lupin"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Bellatrix Black"

"That's my cousin, I bloody hate her" - Sirius turned to me.

Up close, he looked really cute.

"SLYTHERIN"

"Y/n Potter"

I felt my heartbeat race. As I sat I heard the sorting hat say something.

"Difficult, very difficult, you're brave, ambitious and have a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?"

Some time passed on what felt like years.

"GRYFFINDOR"

I smiled realising I had been put on the same house as James. After that Remus and Peter came to join us in Gryffindor.

"Sirius Black"

I turned curious. Sirius was the only one who had a prefered house.

"GRYFFINDOR"

I could feel Sirius' heart drop. His eyes had filled up with tears. But at the same time he oddly seemed happy. He walked up to our desk.

"So?"- I asked

"So, what" - he replied confused.

"How are you feeling? You wanted slytherin"

"Oh, that.. well I wanted Gryffindor to be honest, I said slytherin so I wouldn't disappoint my family"

"Oh, I didn't expect that"- James said.

A few more people got sorted. I wasn't paying attention until I heard the name of the girl I had met earlier.

"Lily Evans"

"GRYFFINDOR"

She walked up to us. I could tell James liked her immediately. I mean I couldn't blame him. She was gorgeous.

"Hi I'm James"

"Hello, I'm Lily"

"Let the feast... begin" - I heard Dumbledore say.

Plates of food appeared everywhere. Everyone stared in amazement and started eating. I couldn't help but stare at Sirius. He was so handsome. James obviously noticed I was staring and he elbowed me.

"Shove off," - I said. "You're all over Evans"

"Hey! No I'm not!" - James replied

"Fiiiine." - I said sarcastically. "You're not. Better be careful tho, she hanges out with Snape a lot"

We tell eachother everything so if not now, later he'd admit to me he fancies her.

"That git"- he mumbled

"I heard you" - I smirked.

"Shove off".

"Now, your Prefects will lead you to your dormitories"- Said Dumbledore.

Everyone got up. "Gryffindors follow me" I heard our Prefect say. We followed him to our dormitories.

"Password?"- said the Fat Lady

"Balderdash"

Everyone walked in.

"Boys dormitories are up the stairs to your left, girls same but to your right. You will find all your belongings have already been brought up."

"Goodnight"- I said to the boys before heading to my dorm.

I shared a dorm with Lily and these two other girls. Marlene and Dorcas. I was tired so I went to sleep.