"You're welcome, by the way"

Start from the beginning

"About an hour ago, had a business thing was really important." Mum responded shyly. Gemma began dishing out breakfast for the three of us.

On the table was pancakes, syrup and a jug of orange juice. My stomach growled and I sat in the nearest chair. Gemma brought over the bacon and we all settled down. We dished out food as it hit me that this was the first time that I sat down with my family to have a meal for a while. "I'm sorry I wasn't home last night, love." My mother chomped on her food. "But Gemma told me, you had two had fun."

I hummed out a reply and continued to scoff down my food. "Yeah, we went a movie, it was really bad, wasn't it Haz?" I nodded in agreement. The rest of breakfast past with small talk between mum and Gemma. After I finished I got up and grabbed my book bag. I suddenly remembered my abandoned car, I groaned.

"What's wrong?"

"No car, gems." I faced her jutting out my bottom lip, eyes pleading.

"I'll drive you," she smirked.

"Bitch." I whispered under my breath.

"Whatever, Harry. See ya later mom." She called over her should, grabbing her jacket and keys, marching out the door, me following slowly.

"Bye darlings!" Mum called just as the door was shutting. She's really trying.

I clambered into Gemma's car and laid my head against the window. We drove in silence until about 5 minutes from school, when Gemma stopped the car.

"Hey, look Harry, if anything happens today I want you call or text me and I will come get you, ok?" She looked at me sternly.

"Gems.." I began to protest.

"No, this is not up for discussion. Call me." She eyed me sternly and I nodded, fully aware that I would probably just dob instead.

She continued driving again and silence worked its way between us again; though it was not uncomfortable or awkward, just nice.

She stopped in the car park of the devils halls and I knew I had to get out, yet I just sat there; staring ahead. "Harry, come on."

I looked at Gemma with wide eyes, "I don't want to go, gems." Hurt flashed across her face and she looked like she was in physical pain. Slowly she reached over to touch my hand and I flinched and jerked it away. My sudden movements seemed to have spooked her and se retraced her hand. "I'm sorry," we both mumbled.

It annoyed me so much that any human contact caused a reaction within me; a feeling of pain. When someone touches me, I jerk away or flinch because I think I feel physical pain because of that night. The doctor said it's all in my head.

I ran my hand through my hair and grabbed my book bag before opening the door and stepping out. Once out, I ducked my head to be eye level with Gemma. "Thanks for the ride."

She smiled slightly but her eyes still showed sorrow. "Yeah, course. I'll see you later baby bro. Love you."

"Yeah. Bye." I shut the door and began walking towards the doors. I didn't look back to see if she had disappeared yet; right now I didn't care.

I worked out a plan in the car or survival. Go in and try not to be noticed, quickly get to my locker and off to form. Sit somewhere I wouldn't normally sit, so maybe maybe I won't be noticed. Get through my lessons quietly, and go out to the field for lunch. I can do this. I can.

The grand doors opened and I inhaled deeply before stepping inside. The corridor was filled with laughter, talk and a general buzz of excitement. I made it through the crowd towards my locker, unnoticed and I was actually please with myself, when I stopped short, staring at blonde head standing directly at my locker looking around nervously.