you glanced at the clock on the night stand. it read: september 5th, 12:23 AM.

"alright dazai, wash up first and go straight to bed. i'll sleep on the couch or something"

dazai's somewhat tired self didn't object as he sluggishly made his way to the bathroom.

'he's really jet lagged, huh'

you flopped on the chair and waited for dazai to finish his very long shower. your mind wandered as you thought of the occurrences you encountered during the hunter exam.

'did gon manage to rescue killua? they didn't text or call so i guess he didn't? but then again, gon probably doesn't have a cell phone yet.'

your seemingly never ending thoughts was interrupted by dazai's sing song voice. "ahh~ y/n, i feel so refreshed! i'm not even tired anymore! let's go to a casino or go for a drink or better yet, jump off this hotel's roof—"

"SHUT UP AND LET ME SHOWER! AND PUT ON SOME CLOTHES."

you quickly showered and put on a hoodie and sweatpants. you walked out of the bathroom to see dazai sprawled out on the bed like a starfish. smiling lightly, you grabbed a thin comforter and laid down on the nearby couch, drifting asleep.

what you didn't realize was that dazai wasn't sleeping at all. he quietly stood up and carried you to the bed like a bride. it was a miracle for dazai that you didn't wake up.

present time...

you tried desperately to claw out of dazai's iron grip, but was unsuccessful every time. you sighed for the nth time and tried prying his fingers off of your torso. this caused dazai to pull you even closer and bury his face into the crook of your neck. before you could move again, he began to murmur something in your ear.

"y/n, why don't you love me? do you still like that gnome, chuuy..." his voice trailed off.

your eyes widened to the size of saucers as you tried not to throw dazai to the moon and back. taking a deep breath, you looked at the clock on the nightstand.

september 6th, 6:08 PM.

your eyes widened as you glanced outside to see millions of cars jammed in traffic. the bleak night was sprinkled with tiny stars.

'ahh shit! we're gonna be late!'

you turned back to dazai and aggressively shook his shoulders. "dazai, wake up! we're going to be late for the fucking auction!"

dazai's eyes shot open and he scrambled to his feet.

"i hope you liked your sleep! be ready in forty five minutes!" he shouted as he locked himself in the bathroom.

you stood there frozen. did he not remember what he had said to you? you shook your head as you processed the dazai said prior.

...

"FORTY FIVE MINUTES?! THATS BARELY ENOUGH" you groaned in agitation and rushed to your suit case and started throwing clothes in every direction. you picked an outfit and quickly slipped it on.