Hitting the Jackpot (Sara Ehret, aka Jackpot)

Start from the beginning

Spidey was conflicted at this. If he wanted to help her, he would have to reveal his identity to Sara. Sure he trusted her, but he didn't know if he trusted her that much. But the tightening hold on his left leg made him flinch a bit as he looked down. There was Sydney Ehret, sobbing her tears away as fear still was in her heart and mind. And if he was a sucker for anything, it would be little kids.

"If you can't, I completely under-"

"Come... I'll get you two safe..." Sara stopped talking as soon as she heard Spider-Man's interruption. She smiled a bit wider at his words and finally started to see something good coming into her life. She walked besides Spider-Man, who had her daughter in his arms. Her smile weakened for a bit, remembering her husband for a fraction of a second. She just hoped that she could move on from everything that was happening in her life.

Time Skip; Peter Parker's Apartment

"So... What happened" Spider-Man asked as he started to get his costume off. He didn't care if Sara saw him, but he was secluded off because of Sydney. He made sure that Sara could still hear him, the door slightly ajar for the sole purpose of letting sound escape the room.

"Boomerang and Rose attacked me after I decided to come back as a heroine. They killed my husband..." Peter frowned at her words. He knew that she was acting strong because of her daughter, he would easily recognize it. He had lived it with Aunt May. It hurts to know that someone else was over your shoulder for trying to do the right thing. He convinced Sara to be responsible with her powers and because of it, her husband was now dead. "Been escaping with my daughter from them ever since"

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said those things to you" Peter said as he walked out in normal clothing, shocking Jackpot and her daughter on the spot. Peter watched as Sydney's eyes began to sparkle in amazement and Sara to gain a slight pinkish hue on her cheeks. He knew that he was handsome, but he really didn't expect to attract a recently widowed woman. "By the way, name's Peter Parker"

"Thanks for trusting me..." Sara muttered as she glanced down to her daughter, who still had her stare right at Peter. It was quite hilarious in her eyes. Her daughter had been a fan of heroes for a long time, so getting to know the identity of one was a whole new experience for her daughter.

Both adults watched as Sydney began to stand up from the chair she was sitting on, approaching slowly the arachnid hero and just staying a couple of feets away. Peter smiled a bit, kneeling in front of Sydney.

"Hey! Sydney, right?" Peter could see the girl nod, not talking and seemingly enjoying the sight of a hero in civilian clothing. Peter glanced up towards Sara, who just smiled at him in return. He could get used to this, he really could. "You were a really brave girl taking care of your mother in such way"

"R-Really...?" Peter gave a sincere smile at the daughter of Jackpot. Sure he knew that Sydney didn't actually do something but with just being there, made her mother act like a true hero. And it was all thanks to Sydney, so in Peter's eyes... She was already a hero.

"Really. You're her hero, Sydney... Be proud of that" Peter ruffled slowly the girl's hair, making her chuckle a bit. He loved seeing kids happy and smiling, it had always been one of his dreams to be a parent. So he definitely needed to love children.

"Thanks Peter..." Sara said, smiling at the hero who had rescued her and her daughter. She didn't know how to ever repay all of this. He had saved the one that meant the most in her life, she should be able to do something for him. Maybe she would ask him later.

"No problem. Stay as long as you like, it will be fun to have Syn around" Sara looked surprised at his proposition. It was a safe bet that Sydney ran towards him, giving him a huge hug. She watched how Spider-Man hugged her little girl back, and it warmed her heart a bit. She really couldn't thank him enough for this.

Time Skip; Seven Years Later

Sara had a smile on her face, dressing in white and waiting for the moment of truth. Six months ago Peter Parker proposed to her, and she accepted without a doubt in her mind. She had found happiness once more, being able to fall in love for a second time was a real blessing for her. She still retained her beauty from long ago, seemingly as if she hasn't aged a day.

Her smile widened as she could hear the music of the church begin to resound everywhere. She was nervous, it was not strange to see two heroes marrying each other but it was definitely a weird sensation... A good kind of weird. She couldn't wait to become Sara Parker, though she might change her name as well. She had talked about it with Peter and he seemed to fully agree with her.

"And welcoming the bride, Alana Jobson"

She smiled, glad that they could adjust that small change into the wedding. She had changed her name into Alana Jobson, the name of the female who had bought her hero license and the woman she inadvertly led to her death. She didn't want to forget the name of the woman she had previously met, so she took her name. She was now going to be Alana Parker, and she couldn't wait for another five months to give birth to Sara Parker.