❄︎10❄︎

As I pretended to sleep, I could feel Chase running his fingers through my hair. I was heartbroken and devastated... I couldn't relish the idea of hurting the person who have just told me he loved me by falling for another who also expressed his feelings for me.

I walked away without saying anything to Aaron. I can't get out of my head the expression on his face when I told him I was leaving. When Chase saw me weeping, he undoubtedly gave him some dead glairs.

" What's wrong Jule," Marshall asked as he laid next to me on my bed. " I know you're not sleeping," he added.

I opened my eyes and saw that Chase left the room, I turned on my side to face Marshall... " I m a monster," I cried as I sat up covering my face with my hands, " what? why are you saying that?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his chest.

Marshall's ability to ask fewer questions in these types of situations is greatly appreciated. because he knows that I m gonna tell him everything when I calm down, then he simply tightened his grip on me until I fell asleep in his peaceful arms.

____

Sunday morning:

I was laying on the couch in my room reading ' Mme Bovary' as my mom yelled from downstairs " sweetheart, Aaron is here," My heart almost exploded out of my chest when I heard his footsteps coming closer to my room.

" Can I come in?" I heard his soft voice demanding as he stood in front of my door, he didn't knock he just waited there for me to answer him.

" Yeah, Come in," I answered as I stood up and put my book on my desk.

he opened the door, and walked into my room, he took his hands out from his sweat pants pockets and opened his arms for me asking for a hug. " Hey," he softly said as I wrapped my hands around him, he gently ran his hand through my hair.

" Hey," I whispered pulling away from the hug.

I sat back on the couch and so did he, The first 5 minutes went silently till my mom knocked on the door, " What mom," I asked as she came in.

" Sweety, I m going to the grocery store do you need something? Chase already gave me two lists of stuff he wants,"

" Yeah, I'll text you, my list mom,"

" Alright, bye kids ..."

" Chase and I consume a lot of snacks," I said as I saw him smiling...

" Yeah," I can see your drawer.." he said as he pointed at the half-opened drawer of my nightstand. it was filled with chocolate and stuff.

we both giggled, as he held my hand causing electricity to travel up and down on my body, " List--" I was gonna talk but he interrupted me by pecking my lips.

he then pulled me closer by wrapping his arms around my waist.. " I m sorry," he said kissing the top of my head. what is he sorry about? I m the one that should be apologizing.

" You don't have to be sorry Aaron, you did nothing wrong,"

" I did, I scared you... And I was scared too, I wasn't sure whether to tell you about my feelings... but troy told me to do it,"

" Aa-"

" And when I saw you crying I felt as if somebody hit me with a knife,"

" it's not you Aaron, you didn't make me cry. I was crying because I m the one hurting you, you're trying your best to make me happy .."

" do not say that,"

" You're filling my cup and I m emptying yours," I said as I covered my face with my hands.