Chapter 4 : Day 2 of School

You wake up to your alarm blaring in your ear. 'it's too early. Why do I need to get up so early? Damn school!'

You wash your face and do the rest of your skincare, put on your uniform, brush your teeth and head downstairs for breakfast.

"My boss said I had to come in early today, sweetie. So I need to head out right now. Will you be fine getting to school?" Aunt Maggie asks, when you put some bread in the toaster.

"Yea, I'll be fine." you say, half lying. You still have no idea how to get to school, 'but I guess it's better to know your way now than later.'

The toast pops up. You grab the two slices and put some raspberry jam on it, your favourite. You quickly eat your breakfast, grab your bag and start to head out the door.

You pop your air pods in and play your aggressive playlist. You open up google maps and start your journey to school. 'hopefully this is the right way. I don't want to be late to class on just my second day!'

After walking for about 10 minutes, you check your phone to make sure you're going in the right direction. 'yup. The app says I should arrive in another...' oof!

You accidentally bumped into someone when you were checking your phone. "S-sorry! I wasn't looking where I was-" you cut yourself off, when you look up and see a a familiar face. You take one of your air pods out. "Kageyama?"

"Oh hi (y/n). Don't worry about it." he reassures you. "I didn't know you walked to school this way?"

"Haha. I didn't either. My aunt was late to work so I had to find my way to school myself." you reply, starting to walk with Kageyama in the direction of school. You kept one of your air pods in, still vibing to your impeccable playlist.

"Who are you listening to?" he asks, noticing you're still listening to your playlist.

"Oh, a bunch of people. My playlist is a mix of a bunch of different artists. Wanna listen?" you offer your other air pod.

"S-sure." he grabs the air pod and puts it in his ear.

*Kageyama's POV*

I place her earbud in my ear. 'Wow, this is some aggressive music she listens to'

It must have been obvious that I was shocked. "Oh, ummm, I can change the playlist. I know this one is a bit too aggressive for some. I have a vibey one if you want to listen to that instead" she tells me.

"Y-yea, sure. We can listen to that one instead"

She goes on her phone and changes the playlist. 'Ah this playlist is much more... positive, I guess? Her other music kind of scared me. I wouldn't have thought she listened to music like that.'

We continue our walk to school in silence, listening to her music. 'I really like the songs on here.' I look at her, staring straight ahead with a little smile on her face. 'I feel like I'm getting to know her through her music' I look down at my feet, blushing a smile I can't force to leave my face.

We walk together until we get to class. I give her back her earbud once class starts. 'I wish we could have listened to her music all day'.

*Y/n's POV*

First period was boring. Same with second. 'I swear, it already feels like I'm stuck in an endless cycle of school, and it's just my second day! Ughhhhh!'

The bell rings and it's finally lunch time. You pack up your stuff, but by the time you're done, you realize you're the last in class. 'oh well. Wasn't like I had friends that just left me here. Perks of being a loner!' you think, unironically. You put in your air pods and head off to eat lunch somewhere.